This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

There's a picture which I cannot now find taken from above the attendees at the press conference introducting the SCOTUS nominee of KAC, Melania, and the two Senators who've caught the virus all sitting right near each other and without a face covering. Her daughter was highly critical of her mom being defiantly opposed to masks.
    Here it is....

The vice president is seated next to a whole bunch of people who have tested positive and although he's tested negative, he's a long ways from being out of the incubation period. Not sure that they should be doing the VP debate in person next week.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NateSilve...20634857058306

Comment

So seems the Rose Garden event where Trump announced his Supreme Court nomination is highly suspected as a "super spreader" event. So far the people at the event who tested positive:
      • President Donald Trump
      • First lady Melania Trump
      • Republican Utah Sen. Mike Lee
      • Republican North Carolina Sen. Thom Tillis
      • University of Notre Dame President the Rev. John Jenkins
      • Former White House counselor Kellyanne Conway
      Judge Amy Coney Barrett apparently previously had covid earlier in the year and recovered, granted that doesn't mean immunity.

Also I'm hearing at least 3 White house reporters part of the press crops have tested positive as well.
      Last edited by ATK; 10-03-2020, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
        So seems the Rose Garden event where Trump announced his Supreme Court nomination is highly suspected as a "super spreader" event. So far the people at the event who tested positive:
        • President Donald Trump
        Judge Amy Coney Barrett apparently previously had covid earlier in the year and recovered, granted that doesn't mean immunity.

Also I'm hearing at least 3 White house reporters part of the press crops have tested positive as well.
        Makes me wonder whether it's feasible to have indoor group dining of any kind until there's a vaccine. That would include all traditional cruise ship or overland tourgroup meals, most business convention meals, church socials, etc. Guess it wouldn't rule out a romantic dinner for two with all the waiters and cookstaff masked and gloved.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
          • President Donald Trump

Apparently there was also at least one indoor celebration event with the same people included. So it's possible that the virus could have spread at that time. There's a short video on social media showing lots of hugging and close quarters interaction. Anyone who was at that day's event(s) should be concerned.

GOP National Chair Ronna McDaniel has also tested positive. She was at the same gathering(s).
          Last edited by NotDutra5; 10-03-2020, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
            Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien tests positive for COVID-19. Will quarantine. Has mild flu- like symptoms, acc to @JacquiHeinrich

https://mobile.twitter.com/JenGriffi...43452512555011
            I don't know if Stepien was present at the Rose Garden "super spreader" event, but he was at the debate, and flew on Air Force One with Hope Hicks and Trump after that.

Comment

Originally posted by user4
              I'll never understand why she didn't step down between 2013-2015. Maybe when she lost her husband her desire for free time or retirement was gone and she was just driven to stay engaged and busy.
              The Shoulder/Elbow Society had our annual meeting start last night virtually. Presidential Guest Speaker was Gen. Stanley McChrystal who spoke on leadership. He was asked several questions, one of which was how a leader knows when it is time to relinquish the reins of power, and he said he thought it was one of the hardest questions a leader has to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                Not sure that they should be doing the VP debate in person next week.
                It could be a disaster if they did it online. Imagine somebody's internet connection goes down or becomes unstable in the middle of the debate.

What they should do is have the debate in the same building, but with Pence, Harris, and the moderator each in their own separate room, with a camera and TV in each room so they can see each other. The TV stations can then switch between showing them side-by-side or one-at-a-time as appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                  hundreds of millions of dollar are being spent in states like Florida, Pennsylvania and Michigan to win these folks over.
                  and the grumpy old man in me asks if we really want voters who can be swayed by TV ads (which have almost zero nutritive value)

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                  He was asked several questions, one of which was how a leader knows when it is time to relinquish the reins of power, and he said he thought it was one of the hardest questions a leader has to deal with.
                  The hardest thing a leader needs to learn is that he/she does NOT have prescience/omniscience. Just because he/she THINKS something should be done a certain way does NOT mean that's the best way. I have rarely known a leader (incl myself) who did not think he/she did not have divine revelation in how things should be. [getting rid of the double negative, that reads: most leaders think they DO make the best decisions taking their own counsel, but that is OFTEN not the case.]
                  Last edited by Atticus; 10-03-2020, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

It could be a disaster if they did it online. Imagine somebody's internet connection goes down or becomes unstable in the middle of the debate.

What they should do is have the debate in the same building, but with Pence, Harris, and the moderator each in their own separate room, with a camera and TV in each room so they can see each other. The TV stations can then switch between showing them side-by-side or one-at-a-time as appropriate.
                    Seems the VP debate will continue, but they will now sit 12 feet apart. Bidens team requested that Harris and Pence stand during the debate, but they will remain seated, which is what the Trump campaign wanted.

Maybe they can sit in giant glass boxes and speak through a small microphone.

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

I don't know if Stepien was present at the Rose Garden "super spreader" event, but he was at the debate, and flew on Air Force One with Hope Hicks and Trump after that.
                      He was. He's in the picture posted by Conor and elsewhere on the web. There were very few major national GOP members who were not at that Rose Garden get together.

Comment

Sen. Ron Johnson has tested positive as well. Don't know if this is from the same get together or not.

I don't think GOP Chair Ronna McDaniel's name was mentioned but she was at the gathering. She has tested positive.

If we follow a similar situation with the NFL Tennessee Titans who had an initial outbreak and now have had a few positives "trickle" in over a few days and continue to do so, I'd expect the same over the next week or so with other attendees of the Rose Garden get together.
                        Last edited by NotDutra5; 10-03-2020, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Sen. Ron Johnson has tested positive as well. Don't know if this is from the same get together or not.

I don't think GOP Chair Ronna McDaniel's name was mentioned but she was at the gathering. She has tested positive.

If we follow a similar situation with the NFL Tennessee Titans who had an initial outbreak and now have had a few positives "trickle" in over a few days and continue to do so, I'd expect the same over the next week or so with other attendees of the Rose Garden get together.
                          It was the same with the Florida Marlins with positive tests trickling in 4 days after exposure.

Comment

He was. He's in the picture posted by Conor and elsewhere on the web. There were very few major national GOP members who were not at that Rose Garden get together.
                            This should serve as a warming that being outside is not enough, you also have to wear masks and/or maintain social distance.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

This should serve as a warming that being outside is not enough, you also have to wear masks and/or maintain social distance.
                              The pictures and videos which are showing up on social media of attendees packed together and mostly mask free is not going to age well nor shed positive light on those in attendance. As I mentioned above there was at least one indoor event attended by the same cast of characters which could have also been the cause of the spread.

Comment

I don't think this has any effect on the results of the election as most people are locked into their positions at this point or so it seems.
                                There are very few people who switch from one side to the other. But this could affect the turnout by either side.
                                And that's how "swing states" swing. If one side can mobilize more of their "soft" supporters than the other side, they can swing the outcome to their favor.

Comment

Working...
                                X