Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President hospitalized thread [facts only, NO OPINION]

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Meanwhile...

    President Donald Trump went through a “very concerning” period Friday and faces a “critical” next two days in his fight against COVID-19 at a military hospital, his chief of staff said Saturday — in contrast to a rosier assessment moments earlier by Trump doctors, who took pains not to reveal the president had received supplemental oxygen at the White House before his hospital admission.

    https://apnews.com/article/08fcfd377...011307cf23dc8d

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by gh View Post
      sorry, but we don't care about personal stories: this thread is restricted to hard news on the president's condition
      BUMP

      Comment


      • #93
        Dr. Sean Conley said Trump competed a 2nd dose of Remdesivir, is not on oxygen, fever free, moving around the hospital without difficulty and has been making substantial progress though is not out of the woods yet.

        Regarding his condition on Friday though, Mark Meadows (Chief of Staff) said on a late night Fox interview
        “Yesterday morning, we were real concerned about that. He had a fever, and his blood oxygen level had dropped rapidly,”

        Also, not sure if it was noted, but Biden has tested negative twice at this point.
        Last edited by ATK; 10-04-2020, 05:43 AM.

        Comment


        • #94
          I'm reminded of previous administrations sugar coating and hiding illnesses of the president. The biggest one being a presidential surgery on a boat , I think off of long island, the press never found out until much later. Then there was a president with polio and the press willingly, worked to insure the public never saw an image of his feeble legs. Yes, there are more than a few others. This is an old men's club.

          Just searched for it, it was Grover Cleveland
          https://www.npr.org/2011/07/06/13762...-hid-his-tumor
          Last edited by user4; 10-04-2020, 12:35 PM.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Adam$ View Post
            I don't necessarily believe this one, but I did think she--Kellyanne-- was a 'usual suspect.'
            Claudia Conway is the most reliable source anywhere in the vicinity of the administration. Make of that what you will.


            Last edited by Flumpy; 10-04-2020, 01:15 PM.

            Comment


            • #96
              On Friday, Trump had a 103 fever and heart palpitations.

              https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...house-deflects

              Comment


              • #97
                NYTimes now...


                Four pieces of information in that briefing: a) Trump's fever was "high" b) Trump's lung scans show "expected findings," unclear what that means but c) Trump is on a steroid the WHO recommends only for "severe and critical" COVID cases and d) Trump's oxygen lvls dropped again Sat

                https://mobile.twitter.com/maggieNYT...92534020698112

                Comment


                • #98
                  Doctors indicate that Trump may be discharged as early as tomorrow (Monday).

                  https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates...ws-2020-10-04/

                  A bit strange considering he has been given a plethora of medicine, including a "cocktail" and now on a steroid and his oxygen levels dropped multiple times. Also remdesivir is apparently a 5 day treatment (Sunday would be day 3).

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    But does Remdesivir have to be administered in the hospital, or can they treat him with that in the White House?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                      But does Remdesivir have to be administered in the hospital, or can they treat him with that in the White House?
                      From the FDA's EUA:
                      "The emergency use authorization allows for remdesivir to be distributed in the U.S. and administered intravenously by health care providers, as appropriate, to treat suspected or laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 in adults and children hospitalized with severe disease. Severe disease is defined as patients with low blood oxygen levels or needing oxygen therapy or more intensive breathing support such as a mechanical ventilator."

                      From Gilead:
                      "....Over time, the expanded access program in the United States will wind down, as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized the emergency use of remdesivir to treat hospitalized adult and pediatric patients with suspected or laboratory confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection and severe COVID-19."

                      Granted this is the President of the United States so they can do what they want and he can probably get better medical care at the WH than many hospitals we would go to.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ATK View Post

                        From the FDA's EUA:
                        "The emergency use authorization allows for remdesivir to be distributed in the U.S. and administered intravenously by health care providers, as appropriate, to treat suspected or laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 in adults and children hospitalized with severe disease. Severe disease is defined as patients with low blood oxygen levels or needing oxygen therapy or more intensive breathing support such as a mechanical ventilator."

                        From Gilead:
                        "....Over time, the expanded access program in the United States will wind down, as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized the emergency use of remdesivir to treat hospitalized adult and pediatric patients with suspected or laboratory confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection and severe COVID-19."

                        Granted this is the President of the United States so they can do what they want and he can probably get better medical care at the WH than many hospitals we would go to.
                        That;s what my daughter said. She was on the Remdesivir study group. Trump does not like the idea of a prolonged hospital stay, it's not a good image, and the W.H. can provide whatever is needed.

                        Comment


                        • I wonder what the death rate would be if we all had access to what he has. 20,000 instead of 200,000?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            I wonder what the death rate would be if we all had access to what he has. 20,000 instead of 200,000?
                            And if folks in April had what folks in September have the death rate would be much lower too.

                            Comment


                            • He is also being treated much earlier in his course of the disease than most people would be.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by schigh View Post
                                He is also being treated much earlier in his course of the disease than most people would be.
                                Strong assumption. We heard about his positive test on Thursday night/Friday morning. The public is still trying to find out the confirmed time of his last negative test though. And he very well could have been infected, as early as that Rose Garden event a week prior.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X