Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "you may have a new organ lurking in the middle of your head"

researchers may have stumbled upon new salivary glands....

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...ddle-your-head

Originally posted by gh View Post
    researchers may have stumbled upon new salivary glands....[/url]
    Oh . . . I thought you were talking about the musical instrument that's been playing mournful dirges to me for the past 7 months . . .

Comment

This is anecdotal but may, or may not, be related.
      My 63-year-old son recently suddenly lost sight in his left eye. CT discovered a lemon-sized tumor in his left sinus that was attached to and eroding the brain pan, had eroded into the sinus cavity and was affecting the optic nerves. Doctors removed the benign, fibrous, calcareous tumor in pieces through his nasal passage. He had post-operative nosebleed for several days but says vision in that eye has improved and he can wear contact in that eye for a longer period of time.
      He now recalls recovering a smaller similar nodule from his right nostril after vigorously blowing his nose when he was about 10-11 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
        CT discovered a lemon-sized tumor in his left sinus that was attached to and eroding the brain pan, had eroded into the sinus cavity and was affecting the optic nerves. Doctors removed the benign, fibrous, calcareous tumor in pieces through his nasal passage. He had post-operative nosebleed for several days but says vision in that eye has improved and he can wear contact in that eye for a longer period of time.
        He now recalls recovering a smaller similar nodule from his right nostril after vigorously blowing his nose when he was about 10-11 years old.
        Gross (but good outcome)! I had a softball-sized (!!) lipoma removed from my chest 2 years ago. It was impinging on the heart, lungs, and trachea without my knowledge. I had a drainage tube for a week afterward and it kept draining god-awful stuff, grossing out me and everyone else!!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Gross (but good outcome)! I had a softball-sized (!!) lipoma removed from my chest 2 years ago. It was impinging on the heart, lungs, and trachea without my knowledge. I had a drainage tube for a week afterward and it kept draining god-awful stuff, grossing out me and everyone else!!
          His current treatment involves squirting a solution up alternate nostrils that drain out of the other nostril. Yep, Gross.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
            His current treatment involves squirting a solution up alternate nostrils that drain out of the other nostril. Yep, Gross.
            I tried a Neti Pot once, but it was awful, so that was that.

Comment

Working...
            X