Clear All

• Daniel Jones' run

Brain to Legs, Give me everything you've got
    Legs: OK

60 yards later . . .

Brain: Uh, need 20 more yards
    Legs: Sorry, you said everything

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status...76068395474947
    Last edited by player; 10-23-2020, 07:50 PM.

Amusing, if it is not you. Still, I would expect any professional athlete in that position to be able to run 80 yards full out.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
      Amusing, if it is not you. Still, I would expect any professional athlete in that position to be able to run 80 yards full out.
      Sure,that's why it's funny.

Jones is a good athlete. He's second in QB rushing yards over the last couple of years.He hit 21 mph on this run,which is very respectable.

But, when he asks for full gas, he's not thinking he's going to have to go 90 yards. He's thinking he'll run as hard as he can until he gets caught. And then he doesn't.

There is a marginal, but significant difference between the energy requirement to burst 30-40 yards all out and to sustain that energy for 80-90 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
        That was absolutely hilarious, that was belly aching hilarious ! I nearly laughed a lung out through my nose... It actually looked like he was breaking down at 40 yards. .. He simply had no idea what it was like to run any further than that.

The next time you get in an argument with a "football" guy about whether the 40yd dash is all you need to know about an athletes foot speed, show them that clip.
        Last edited by user4; 10-23-2020, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by player View Post
          Sure,that's why it's funny.

Jones is a good athlete. He's second in QB rushing yards over the last couple of years.He hit 21 mph on this run,which is very respectable.

But, when he asks for full gas, he's not thinking he's going to have to go 90 yards. He's thinking he'll run as hard as he can until he gets caught. And then he doesn't.

There is a marginal, but significant difference between the energy requirement to burst 30-40 yards all out and to sustain that energy for 80-90 yards.
          He is the kind of football player that never in his entire life dreamed he have to run even 40yards in a real game situation.

Comment

Originally posted by user4 View Post

He is the kind of football player that never in his entire life dreamed he have to run even 40yards in a real game situation.
            Actually, he had a 50 yard run just last Sunday and a 60 yard TD run in college.

I've laughed as much as anyone at the replays but I'll say this: if sprinters in a 60m race received a signal at the 50m mark that the finish line was being extended to 100m, at least some of them would not look good at 80-100m. They might not fall on their face but they would not be happy campers.

Comment

He actually is a very good athlete. In high school he played on an AAU basketball team coached by Jay Bilas and Bilas raved about his athletic ability. So at least back then I'm sure he could run some. Playing QB at Duke doesn't prepare you for many 100 yard sprints.

Comment

if sprinters in a 60m race received a signal at the 50m mark that the finish line was being extended to 100m, at least some of them would not look good at 80-100m. They might not fall on their face but they would not be happy campers.
                Good sprinters are barely even up to full speed at 50m. All they have to do is maintain a modicum of relaxation. On the other hand, having D-backs with ill-intent after you voids the whole 'relaxation' thing.
                He's not going to live that down for a long while - at least 10 years into retirement.

Comment

What's even funnier than a quarterback trying to sprint longer than he's used to is a lineman trying to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqnQwKAI4OE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0BZW478tCQ

Comment

Working...
                  X