• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a video clip for Thanksgiving

one of the great WKRP scenes ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3m...oPOJaYgZSgFFYM

Les Nessman!
    That was a great show. It and M*A*S*H, Taxi and Cheers were the true Kings of Comedy back in the early 80s.

Comment

Now that made me happy.

Comment

With hundreds of channels, why can't "they" produce fun. entertaining shows like those mentioned anymore.?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Les Nessman!
          That was a great show. It and M*A*S*H, Taxi and Cheers were the true Kings of Comedy back in the early 80s.
          Also Barney Miller from that era - although I think that was mostly late 1970s

Comment

Bob Newhart Show was also pretty good, especially when he had the group sessions in his office.

Comment

I'm in the process of wading through all 271 episodes of Cheers; puts a smile on my face before I go to bed every night.

Comment

Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
                Bob Newhart Show was also pretty good, especially when he had the group sessions in his office.
                When I was playing pro golf in the 70s I bumped into the guy who played Mr Carlin outside of a hotel in Los Angeles. I saw him and said, "Hey, Mr Carlin, how are you?" He smiled and nodded, probably tired of idiots like me always calling him that.

Comment

Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
                  No part was more perfect for Bob Newhart than playing a Psychiatrist. The only sane person in a roomfull of lunatics. "Newhart" was also good but not quite as consistently funny. The series finale was the best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                    The series finale was the best ever.
                    It was certainly the most meta ever!

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                      The series finale was the best ever.
                      It was. It was inspired.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

When I was playing pro golf in the 70s I bumped into the guy who played Mr Carlin outside of a hotel in Los Angeles. I saw him and said, "Hey, Mr Carlin, how are you?" He smiled and nodded, probably tired of idiots like me always calling him that.
                        Jack Riley also reached another generation as the voice of Stu Pickles in The Rugrats. He passed away in 2016.
                        Last edited by Halfmiler2; 11-23-2020, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X