Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCLA coach Mick Cronin really blew it by not calling his last time out with the game tied and 18 seconds to go in regulation. Settle your players down, set up a play. You’re in control at that point.

Comment

• I'm with the rest of you as would be my non track fan friend who was texting back and forth all game with me. It was a series of "this is amazing" in one form or another and then simultaneously "WOW!!" at the end.

Gonzaga doesn't go very deep and their 5 played a lot of minutes tonight. So we'll see if fatigue is a factor for them. Baylor seems to be pretty much back to where they were prior to the COVID attack on their roster and that was probably better than Gonzaga.

Comment

• My only thoughts this morning on the game were that UCLA would lose but would they cover (14pt dogs)? I thought they would L, maybe by 8-12 pts. They are a wild bunch. It's remarkable they lost their last 4 reg. season games.
        They had that charge at the end -prob a good call- that could have put the Bruins at line for two and the win. I was rooting for Zags but UCLA deserved better. Zag escape.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
          Gonzaga/UCLA was the first game I watched all year (well, half of it, in spurts) and once again reminds me why March Madness blows all other collegiate sports away (sorry, that includes track)
          I watched the game and though I thoroughly enjoyed it, it deepens my belief that college basketball has the most flawed post-season in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
            UCLA coach Mick Cronin really blew it by not calling his last time out with the game tied and 18 seconds to go in regulation. Settle your players down, set up a play. You’re in control at that point.
            Coaches argue about this all the time. The con argument is that this also gives the opposing team time to set up their defense.

Comment

• Let them set up their defense. I’d want my kids more calm and settled with a plan in their heads, all five guys on the same page. Dean Smith would’ve called time out 100% of the time in that situation

Comment

Let them set up their defense. I’d want my kids more calm and settled with a plan in their heads, all five guys on the same page. Dean Smith would’ve called time out 100% of the time in that situation
                I agree....take a timeout...calm everyone down.....surprised they didn't....the Oregon coach certainly would have...

Comment

Let them set up their defense. I’d want my kids more calm and settled with a plan in their heads, all five guys on the same page. Dean Smith would’ve called time out 100% of the time in that situation
                  But Dean Smith typically called 17 time-outs in the last minute of a game anyway. Why Carolina games always take 40 minutes to play the last 2 minutes

Comment

• And if you're arguing Dean Smith as a "great coach" argument (which he was), John Wooden hated calling time-outs and rarely did it. He was pretty good, too.

Comment

• Great game between two talented teams, obviously could have gone either way. Anyone else sense that travelling and double dribbling has become as rampant in college as in the pros?

Comment

• I think Bobby Knight called few last-seconds time outs.

Comment

• Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
                          I think Bobby Knight called few last-seconds time outs.
                          Just as well...fewer chances to throw something...anyways it's hard to imagine a timeout with Knight as coach a calming influence...
                          Last edited by Conor Dary; 04-04-2021, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

I watched the game and though I thoroughly enjoyed it, it deepens my belief that college basketball has the most flawed post-season in all of sports.
                            and it only deepened my belief to the contrary!

Comment

• The tournament is great, because so many teams have a chance to win it all....but I liked it much more years ago when the money involved wasn't so huge..

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                                The tournament is great, because so many teams have a chance to win it all....but I liked it much more years ago when the money involved wasn't so huge..
                                And of even more importance, players stayed all 4 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X