Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile, customers are fuming on social media and to postal workers about late holiday packages and days-long delivery gaps. Only 38 percent of nonlocal first-class mail arrived on time in late December, compared with 92 percent in the year-ago period, according to data reported in federal voting lawsuits. The agency has not disclosed performance data in 2021.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph..._medium=social

Comment

Lordy, lordy - guess what showed up today . . . yup!

If you didn't get yours and keep them all, send me a 'message' (above) with your addy, and I'll ship it off to you.

Comment

Mine arrived Saturday. Printed in Illinois. I picked a random spot on the map in central Illinois. 925 miles to here in 73 days works out to about 12.7 miles per day. The Pony Express horses need some PEDs. Or Vaporflys.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
          PIO
          Too cryptic for me, even with Google. Pass it on? Pick it over? Post Idiot Office?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            Too cryptic for me, even with Google. Pass it on? Pick it over? Post Idiot Office?
            Oh that's funny! That was a typo/false start on the Pony Express post that I guess I posted instead of deleted. Just drove you a little batty for awhile, like a cat with a laser pointer. Here, try this one....XRC. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
              Oh that's funny! That was a typo/false start on the Pony Express post that I guess I posted instead of deleted. Just drove you a little batty for awhile, like a cat with a laser pointer. Here, try this one....XRC. :-)
              You found my kryptonite. It drives me crazy when I don't know something and I can't find the answer! I must ask Alexa 20 questions a day!

It's hard to make up three random letters and have it NOT mean something. XRC=Extensible Markup Language Based Resouce System

Here's one we used in the Navy - do you know it w/o looking it - HMIC?

Comment

We have all sorts of short acronyms in medicine, as DrJay can confirm. My favorite ever was when I was a resident in the emergency room at Duke. We had a big board where all the patients were listed with a short note next to their names and room #s that told something about them or their diagnosis or injury. One night the triage nurse admits this patient and writes next to his name

HOHcBBB (the c = with in medical speak)

I had no idea what that was but asked her, and she smiled, and told me, "Hit on head with baseball bat"

Comment

Mine arrived today.

Comment

Postman trudged through a foot of snow to deliver Nov-Dec and Jan-Feb today.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                      Postman trudged through a foot of snow to deliver Nov-Dec and Jan-Feb today.
                      I would love to see an explanation about where there all went and how they eventually got to where they were going! Not that the USPS would be so inclined.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        I would love to see an explanation about where there all went and how they eventually got to where they were going! Not that the USPS would be so inclined.
                        Its all done with trick mirrors.

Comment

A MIRACLE !!! My Nov/Dec issue arrived today, in pristine condition. And happily, my Feb issue arrived today too !

And I am mailing my Nov/Dec issue that Wallace Dere sent me last month, back to him.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                            Its all done with trick mirrors.
                            Or maybe the USPS is like me when I hide something and then even I can't find it!
                            Or . . . did they look where they were SUPPOSED to be?!

Comment

Is there a prize for latest arrival. My Nov/Dec issue arrived today. Of course the last few days (as opposed to last few weeks), might have been due to weather.

Comment

one staff member just got his November/December today...... also in the mailbox was February!

Comment

Working...
                                X