Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to pour beer?

Some purists insist the right way to pour beer is to boldly pour it in the middle of the glass, allowing a head of foam to build. I even saw an ad on TV for an import beer that insisted this was the right way.
    Others prefer to gently pour it down the side, to prevent foam buildup.

Which is right?

Down the sink is my preferred method. 🤣

Comment

The correct procedure is to pour directly into the center of the drain, so you don't even get any in the sink. Toilets are preferred, due to the larger diameter of the opening.
      The protocol for alcohol is relaxed, since any spillage can be deemed as a disinfectant.

edit - DANG! gm beat me to it!

Comment

I'm not a big beer drinker (I prefer wine with most food), but when I do drink beer, I pour it the way noone does.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
          when I do drink beer, I pour it the way noone does.
          Noone pours as you do? Upside-down and backwards? That must be a real conversation-starter at parties!
          Last edited by Atticus; 12-04-2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Actually, I misread noone's post. I thought he preferred the latter of the two he mentioned. Just to be clear, I pour it down the side, with perhaps a little in the middle just to add a bit of foam.

Comment

Just drink it straight out of the bottle or can. Problem solved.

Comment

The right answer is 1) first make sure the beer container and glass are the same temperature. Preferably very cold. 2) pour slowly down the side of the tilted glass. The tilt should be extreme until the fill line nears the top

This will lead to the most carbonation being retained in the beer.

Comment

I try to put my beer glass in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before dinner if I know i'm having beer with dinner (which I usually do if dinner is Chinese or Japanese food).

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                    I try to put my beer glass in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before dinner if I know i'm having beer with dinner (which I usually do if dinner is Chinese or Japanese food).
                    I wet my stein first so I have a nice frosted coat for my libation. Pepsi is so much better that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      I wet my stein first so I have a nice frosted coat for my libation. Pepsi is so much better that way.
                      I trust you chill your pepsi to near 33 degrees or you will lose all of your "fiz" when you pour into that icey glass.

Comment

Originally posted by user4 View Post
                        I trust you chill your pepsi to near 33 degrees or you will lose all of your "fiz" when you pour into that icey glass.
                        Tsk, tsk, everyone knows that 42F is the perfect temp to chill a fine vintage of Pepsi. Any concomitant loss of effervescence is more than made up by the preservation of piquancy and the emphasis of the natural undertones.
                        https://www.mlive.com/kalamabrew/200...%20is%2038%20F.

Comment

Maybe I am partial to Dr. Pepper because my mother was born in Waco. I don't fret about the temperature.

Comment

I always tilt the glass at an angle otherwise you get almost nothing but foam and it takes ages to settle and finish pouring.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                              Maybe I am partial to Dr. Pepper because my mother was born in Waco. I don't fret about the temperature.
                              warm Dr Pepper, my friend, you are a real man !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X