• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the greatest Xmas movie ever?

this GQ writer says it's.....LOTR!

Good try . . .

Comment

So the big question that seems to come up every year - is the original Die Hard a Christmas movie?

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Comment

Having never read any of those books or seen the movies I could not understand the symbolism but the author is a very talented, amusing wordsmith

Comment

What could be more heartwarming than the Christmas bar scene in Goodfellas....

Comment

best Xmas movie is We're No Angels, with Humphrey Bogart, Aldo Ray & Peter Ustinov.

Comment

It's super stupid, but Elf actually does capture the Christmas spirit.
              It's hard to beat It's a Wonderful Life, though.

Comment

I was going to say Planes, Trains & Automobiles until I remembered that it was about Thanksgiving, not Christmas.

Comment

I’d certainly put We’re No Angels in the top ten but not #1. I’d have to go with It’s A Wonderful Life.

I’d also put A Christmas Story high on the list, and declare the Mister Magoo version the best of The Christmas Carols. Honorable mention to It Happened on 5th Avenue, and Christmas in Connecticut.

Rudolph and Charlie Brown are the best of the other television specials. The worst of the television Christmas specials has to be the Star Wars one done in 1979.

Comment

Let's not forget National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Comment

Of all the GOAT selections of all categories, LOTR for Christmas Movie is the worst.
                      Several others are my personal choices, among them: Elf, A Christmas Story, It's a Wonderful Life, and the original Miracle on 34th Street.

Comment

Wrote a lengthy reply---named 5 movies---with reviews!
                        But it's "unapproved"---has to be reviewed by GH!
                        Hope it appears later!

Comment

Just watched the A Christmas Carol by the BBC from last year. Terrific take on a well-worn tale by a star-studded cast, with a few new wrinkles added to the story. Highly recommended(currently available on the FX network here in the US)

The spirits come for a bitter man's greed. Watch the OFFICIAL TRAILER for FX's "A Christmas Carol," premiering 12/19. #FXmasCarolSubscribe now for more FX’s ...
                          https://twitter.com/walnuthillstrak

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                            Wrote a lengthy reply---named 5 movies---with reviews!
                            But it's "unapproved"---has to be reviewed by GH!
                            Hope it appears later!
                            No it doesn't...that happens occasionally to everyone...

Copy the text....paste in a new post...post the link in another new post...

Comment

A Child's Christmas in Wales from 1987 is very good...and very faithful to Dylan Thomas's story...

❄Subscribe The Christmas Channel: http://bit.ly/2zhMs9B▶A Child's Christmas in WalesThis tale of enchantment is inspired by the classic poem from Dylan Thoma...
                              Last edited by Conor Dary; 12-26-2020, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X