Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBC Sports Network to close at end of 2021

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...own/index.html

Peacock is where this is all headed. They can put it on either the free or subscriber plan all in one spot and likely per event.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
      Peacock is where this is all headed. They can put it on either the free or subscriber plan all in one spot and likely per event.
      My prediction for some time now has been that EVERYTHING, web and TV content, will be on a single per-use plan (perhaps a 5-minute delay in payment, so you can see if it's worth watching).
      Each use will be super-cheap, but over the course of a month, it will certainly run into hundreds of dollars for the typical user.

Comment

The good news is Olympic Channel is unaffected. Most of NBC's broadcast track content was there anyway. What will be interesting is what they do with the Tour de France. I suspect it will wind up on USA, especially with the huge viewership numbers it put up this year(409K/day average).
        There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
          The good news is Olympic Channel is unaffected. Most of NBC's broadcast track content was there anyway. What will be interesting is what they do with the Tour de France. I suspect it will wind up on USA, especially with the huge viewership numbers it put up this year(409K/day average).
          TdF may end up on Olympic Channel

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

TdF may end up on Olympic Channel
            Maybe, but I suspect NBC(and it's advertisers) will want the reach of USA Network versus OC.
            There are no strings on me

Comment

I wonder why they didn't extend it a couple of months through the 2022 Winter Olympics. At any rate, they rarely filled a week of programming without car auctions, ninja warriors, and poker.

Comment

Originally posted by HopStepJump View Post
                I wonder why they didn't extend it a couple of months through the 2022 Winter Olympics. At any rate, they rarely filled a week of programming without car auctions, ninja warriors, and poker.
                And the problem with car auctions, ninja warriors, and poker is what exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                  And the problem with car auctions, ninja warriors, and poker is what exactly?
                  They take up valuable time that they could be showing more T&F!!

Comment

From an industry newsletter -

Peacock gets into a sporting mood

https://www.lightreading.com/cablevi.../a/d-id/766896

Comment

Originally posted by bhall View Post
                      From an industry newsletter -
                      Peacock gets into a sporting mood
                      https://www.lightreading.com/cablevi.../a/d-id/766896
                      Is NBC Gold still a thing?

I want my TripleCast!!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        Is NBC Gold still a thing?

I want my TripleCast!!
                        Most of the sports on NBC Gold have been moved to Peacock. Some of them have no commentary. Right now it looks like T&F will stay on Gold. Comcast Internet subscribers do get Peacock Premium for free.

Comment

Originally posted by bhall View Post
                          Right now it looks like T&F will stay on Gold.
                          I'm guessing it will NOT be worth an extra premium, given the state of world-wide web-casting.

Comment

Working...
                          X