Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry King dies at 87

CNN's Larry King has died at the age of 87.
    I really loved his interviews--watched many of them--and own a book collection of about 50 of them!
    He interviewed Presidents & other politicos, sports & enterttainment figures, and just a bunch of interesting people.
    Loved his Jewish accent & his style of interviewing!
    RIP

Hello Jerome, Arizona! You're ON the air!

I recall Larry King much more from his radio days than from his show on TV which I'd see from time to time. Good interviewer.

Both my wife and I had the same reaction which was "he was only 87?" For whatever reason he seemed older than that or perhaps we thought he was older when he was younger.

Comment

Of course, King also provided
      @JerrySeinfeld
      with his greatest moment in TV history — including all of “Seinfeld”. This really is one of the greatest moments in all of TV history.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sherman49...77957950795777

Comment

Married 8 times. As a friend of mine used to say, he "had a lot of holes in his bucket." But I think he could afford the holes.

Comment

Got my King book off the shelf---
          It has 30 complete interviews, not 50 as I said earlier!
          Here's some of the names--all interviewed between 1985 and 1995!

Bob Hope, Stephen King, Frank Sinatra, George Burns, Bill Cosby, Barbra Streisand, Arthur Ashe, Whoopi Goldberg, Mike Tyson, Marlon Brando & Oprah Winfrey!
          Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon, Robert McNamara, Judith Exner, Ross Perot, George HW Bush, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Margaret Thatcher & Mikhal Gorbachev

There are probably other collections published later!
          The title is "The Best of Larry King Live".

Comment

I think he was the first nonsports client Bob Wolf (Boston) worked for. I remember LK saying he was put on an allowance by the agent. I don't know if it worked or not? I think he eventually stopped gambling and smoking.

Comment

A household name for as long as I can remember. How do you have that career and find time for 7 marriages.. I guess the answer is you have 7 divorces. That will humble a man. And he never had the chance to interview Lonewolf or Bambam. He seemed to like his subjects, I don't recall him getting petty or taking cheap shots at anyone.

Comment

I remember his late night radio shows when I was well sitting in the 1950-60s. What impressed me most was his knowledge of baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam$ View Post
                  I think he was the first nonsports client Bob Wolf (Boston) worked for. I remember LK saying he was put on an allowance by the agent. I don't know if it worked or not? I think he eventually stopped gambling and smoking.
                  Story here about Bob Wolff - he was my agent when I played on tour - I was from just outside of Boston so he was the obvious choice. When my career cratered and I was getting ready to leave the tour I called him up and apologized to him, saying I wish I could have given him more work to do. His reply, "Bill, you were always a champion to me." Will never forget those kind words. A kind, kind man.

Comment

I thought Larry King was at his best on his all-night radio show during his pre-CNN days. If I recall correctly, he interviewed a guest for an hour, then took two more hours of calls for the guest from the listeners. Then took an additional two hours of calls after the guest had left.

Comment

I also first heard him on his late night radio show while I was in law school which was long before his CNN days. I am guessing that it may have been one of the last shows on the Mutual radio network.

May he Rest In Peace.

Comment

Working...
                      X