Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl LV (2021)

When Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes face off on the evening of Sunday February 7, it will be the first time ever that the starting quarterbacks of the previous two Super Bowl champions play each other in a Super Bowl.

If the Tampa Bay Buccaneers win, 43-year-old Brady would break his own record as the oldest quarterback to win it. If the Kansas City Chiefs win, 25-year-old Mahomes would become the youngest QB to win the SB twice, taking that record from Brady who won his second SB at 26.

I had misgivings with acknowledging Brady as the GOAT of quarterbacks, thinking that he was just lucky to have a bunch of great players around him on the Patriots. But now he takes Tampa Bay to the Super Bowl, a team with a losing record the previous season and a bunch of guys he's never played with before*, so I finally have to accept that he is the GOAT of QBs, regardless of the outcome of the upcoming game.

*with the notable exception of Gronkowski, and ignoring the notorious Antonio Brown's short-lived stint with the Patriots.

Prior to this year, the Patriots were 14-6 in the games Brady missed since he became the starter in 2001 which is why Bill Belichick was given most of the credit but Belichick's egacy took a big hit this year.

Comment

Just discovered that Bruce Arians and I were born in the same town (Paterson, NJ) and in the same year. I'm a couple months older than he is, however, so I doubt we met in the nursery of the hospital.

Comment

Game isn't over just yet, but with less than 4 minutes on the clock and a 22-point lead, it's over before it's over, murder he wrote, another ring for Brady and his Tampa bunch.

Comment

7 Super Bowls.....amazing...

Comment

Brady will get the ink, but Todd Bowles is the mastermind behind this shocker. Fantastic defensive gameplan.

There are no strings on me

Comment

I don't even like him, but Brady has now transcended football and may be the most clutch player in sports history. The Tampa Effin Bay Buccaneers??!!

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
                Brady will get the ink, but Todd Bowles is the mastermind behind this shocker. Fantastic defensive gameplan.
                spot on! slight hyperbole, but Brady wasn't required for the Bucs today. Any run of the mill "game manager" QB would have done just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

spot on! slight hyperbole, but Brady wasn't required for the Bucs today. Any run of the mill "game manager" QB would have done just fine.
                  I don't know about that....Brady played very well...they did score 31 points!

KC's offensive line was non existant...
                  Last edited by Conor Dary; 02-08-2021, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                    Did you cut and paste that from every sports writer in Boston for the last 20 years and umpteen conference champs and 6 SB wins with the Pats that Brady was hanging around for ? I've been in this echo chamber for ever and I believed it.. It's Bill Murray, ground hog day!

​what I can't figure out is how at 42, does he still have such a strong and incredibly accurate arm. I'm now convinced that the Pats backup QBs were always better than average and always ready to play because they were learning from Brady.

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                    KC's offensive line was non existant...
                    I really thought KC was going to win this one but the line of scrimmage was controlled by Tampa on both sides .. and that is where football games are won.

​​​
                    Last edited by user4; 02-08-2021, 03:56 AM.

Comment

I did not have a dog in this fight but was surprised by the ineptness of Chief's offensive and defensive line.
                      Did anyone else notice the XTrophyV logo looks like XIV, which is 54, not 55?

Comment

I don't care how great TB's D'game-plan was. You mean to say it was so tough that the best offense in the league can't make adjustments to even score one TD? Give me a break, KC choked bigtime. They made no adjustments and by the time they looked up they were down 15pts.

Comment

I'm a Bucs fan but didn't think they'd win today. The Bucs Defensive Front 7 just ate the Chiefs up. Vita Vea's return has made a world of difference in the Bucs pass rush as the QBs haven't been able to step up at all.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                            I did not have a dog in this fight but was surprised by the ineptness of Chief's offensive and defensive line.
                            Yeah, that was odd.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                              ??

Comment

Working...
                              X