Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Exactly what the 30+-ers said when the Beatles, Stones, etc. came out in the 60s!
    Drake, Jay-Z, Post Malone, The Weeknd, etc., are all cultural phenomena of the UNDER-30 crowd. You are not supposed to like them.
    More like under-55 for Jay-Z. Jay-Z became big in the 1990s, when I was in the under-30 crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
      Ha, whoever did the sound on the halftime show should be fired - it was horrible. No excuses - they had plenty of time to install & test it . . .
      I've always found the sound on the halftime shows to be pretty poor and I agree last night's was no exception. I actually like some of The Weeknd's music.

Comment

Originally posted by user4 View Post

I also thought the play calling for KC did not give Mahomes enough quick release passes. When you know your OL isnt getting it done, you adjust the play calling. I recall the Pats always doing that, they would go up against very stout defensive lines and Belichick would find ways to get a screen or short yardage pass complete. Play calling can make a huge difference. It seemed that late in the 3rd quarter KC was still play calling as if Mahomes had all the time in the world. How many guys do you need on the outside deep route when your QB has about 3 seconds to get the pass out. The other item, I felt that the refs were a little tougher on the KC DBs than they were on the TB DBs.
        Todd Bowles addressed this by saying the Bucs plan was to pressure with 4 and take away the hot route (not exactly a bulletin for any DC) and they were successful. The timeouts used by KC at the end of the half I didn't think made sense.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinR View Post
          The Weakened (did you see what I did there?), did not excite me.
          After that performance he should be called The Mnday.

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
            More like under-55
            Yeah, all them whipper-snappers!

Comment

I may have said something along this line last night

https://nypost.com/2021/02/08/todd-b...bowl-2021-mvp/
              There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
                I may have said something along this line last night
                Good points, but Brady is still the straw that stirs the drink. Without him, this is all just theoretical.
                You have to believe in something to make this win happen, and everyone in Tampa believes in Tommy the GOAT.

Comment

Boston ratings for the game were the #2 highest ever, in their market. Kind of odd considering that NE has been involved in a few of these in last decade and just one scored a higher rating.

Reporting in Boston said Brady gave a pre-game talk for the ages.

Fournette is quoted as saying he was on the team 'cause Brady wanted him there.

Comment

The Weekend took pretention to a new level. I'm an old guy, but my 30 yo girlfriend ( a product of Los Altos, BTW) agreed with me that it was a hot mess!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam$ View Post
                      Boston ratings for the game were the #2 highest ever, in their market. Kind of odd considering that NE has been involved in a few of these in last decade and just one scored a higher rating.

The day after Brady signed with the Bucs, my neighbors across the street from Boston took all of their Patriot stuff down and hung Buccaneers flags. I attempted to claim that there was a 1 year waiting period between switching team allegiances from the Pats to the Bucs but it was not adhered to.

In his defense, he told me yesterday afternoon that he thought the Bucs defense would win the game and he was correct.

Brady, seeing him day in and day out, is impressive as an athlete and leader.

Comment

I just found out Roger Kingdom is the speed and conditioning coach for the Bucs.

https://www.buccaneers.com/team/coac.../roger-kingdom

Comment

Originally posted by Django View Post
                          The Weekend took pretention to a new level.
                          Have you never seen Lady Gaga??!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam$ View Post

Tom Brady and Lebron James have ushered in a new era for pro athletes in team sports, in which not only do the great ones perform and lead on the field during season but they also act as de facto general managers in the off-season.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                              Tom Brady and Lebron James have ushered in a new era for pro athletes in team sports, in which not only do the great ones perform and lead on the field during season but they also act as de facto general managers in the off-season.
                              and often take lower pay in order to get the players they want on their team. That's a pretty formidable formula for success.

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
                                I just found out Roger Kingdom is the speed and conditioning coach for the Bucs.https://www.buccaneers.com/team/coac.../roger-kingdom
                                Friends, in a room full of Superbowl champions Roger Kingdom is the best athlete in the room!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X