Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memoir by Lolo Jones is coming!

Lolo Jones's memoir "Over It: Facing Life's hurdles with Grit, Hustle & Grace" will be out in July!
    You can pre-order a Hardback copy for $22 on Amazon!

This is definitely something to look forward to!!
    It's sort of like waiting for the Miley Cyrus memoir!!
    LOL

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz . . .

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
      Lolo Jones's memoir "Over It: Facing Life's hurdles with Grit, Hustle & Grace" will be out in July! . . . It's sort of like waiting for the Miley Cyrus memoir!!
      Um . . . no.
      Not sure I need to read about her life, as much was it has played out in the public eye.
      I do hope she makes some money on it.
      I have always appreciated her 'Grit & Hustle', even as others denigrated her 'Grace'.

Comment

You can say that again....

Comment

Might be a fascinating book if it expands on her unusual childhood.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
            Might be a fascinating book if it expands on her unusual childhood.
            Made me look.
            No idea that [wiki]:

* She attended eight schools in eight years while her single mother.
            * Jones' father spent most of her childhood in the Air Force and later in state prison.
            * When Jones was in third grade, her family settled in the basement of a Des Moines Salvation Army church. Jones would wake up early to avoid being teased by other kids if they found out she was living in the basement.[9]
            * In HS, her mentor, Coach Ferguson, arranged for her to live with four different families during her enrollment in Des Moines. She excelled in the classroom and played the cello in the school orchestra.

Comment

Thou shall not speak ill of Lolo.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                Thou shall not speak ill of Lolo.

Over on the Lolo bobsled thread someone(I believe it was atticus) said he couldnt understand why some people cant stand her.

Here's why(for me at least).

Jones makes herself out to be the victim whenever she fails at something. Just recently she was booted from MTV's The Challenge. She of course immediately went on a twitter rant how she was forced to "quit", and it's not an actual competition(note to lolo - its a reality TV show not the Olympics. You knew that going in).

https://twitter.com/lolojones/status...53113850343432

She did the same thing when she finished out of the money on Big Brother, and lost in the first round of Dancing With The Stars.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...n-social-media

There are no strings on me

Comment

Her story has been pretty well known simply through the media attention she gets. She had a tough up ringing, but I agree with guru, I'm not a big fan. Her actions after getting 3rd at the 2012 Olympic trials were insane.
                  Last edited by ATK; 03-10-2021, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                    Her story has been pretty well known simply through the media attention she gets. She had a tough up ringing, but I agree with guru, I'm not a big fan. Her actions after getting 3rd at the 2012 Olympic trials were insane.
                    I don't remember anything untoward in 2012.

Comment

If you're actually over it, you don't write a book about being over it.

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
                        Over on the Lolo bobsled thread someone(I believe it was atticus) said he couldnt understand why some people cant stand her.
                        Jones makes herself out to be the victim whenever she fails at something.
                        I get what you're saying (tho I think it was lonewolf who said that; I do know that lots of people find her to be a diva and, as you say, an excuse-giver).
                        She has a huge chip on her shoulder, and altho I didn't know the specifics of her childhood, I did know she had a rough upbringing, which is why I get her 'feistiness'.
                        As I said above, I do admire her 'grit and hustle'; she can fall short in the 'grace' dept . . . she's flawed, like the rest of us.
                        I guess the bottom line is that she has had to fight most of her life, and it shows.
                        Don't know if I'll buy the book (someone here will read it, review it, and tell us their thoughts on it), but I certainly wish her well.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post

I don't remember anything untoward in 2012.
                          The tapping of Harper-Nelson while throwing her glasses into the crowd when she got 3rd (which I guess is just fair excitement). Then in the lead up to the Games, basically doing interviews and media rounds publicizing her virginity. And then even during/after the 2012 games when she got 4th, I remember her talking up a storm about media now being unfair to her (basically playing the victim), leading reporters to ask Harper-Nelson and Wells about her making it awkward for them during interviews.

There has been more since then, but 2012 is when I felt she went too far and just kept going.

Comment

Lolo has something in common Sacha Cohen (borat): once I got a look at their shtick I lost interest in ever hearing from them again.

Comment

While I do not care for Cohen's "comedy", he at least has some great drama chops ("The Spy" on Netflix).

Like Atticus, I wish her well, but I will leave her book for others to read.

Comment

Working...
                              X