Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATK View Post

The tapping of Harper-Nelson while throwing her glasses into the crowd when she got 3rd (which I guess is just fair excitement). Then in the lead up to the Games, basically doing interviews and media rounds publicizing her virginity. And then even during/after the 2012 games when she got 4th, I remember her talking up a storm about media now being unfair to her (basically playing the victim), leading reporters to ask Harper-Nelson and Wells about her making it awkward for them during interviews.

There has been more since then, but 2012 is when I felt she went too far and just kept going.
    Meh, it's a brutal sport with little financial reward. I don't begrudge anyone for trying to raise his/her profile. I have never understood the Pre worship/obsession, but hey...

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
      I have never understood the Pre worship/obsession, but hey...
      As a Pre-fan, I'm pretty sure worship/obsess is hyperbole. We admired and respected his 'attitude' toward racing and the Powers That Be. So few elites had either.

Comment

It's not hyperbole in some cases and his 'attitude' was a bit of a false flag anyway.

Comment

Meh, it's a brutal sport with little financial reward. I don't begrudge anyone for trying to raise his/her profile. I have never understood the Pre worship/obsession, but hey...
          Sure she can do what she wants. And the media loved her so it clearly worked.

Just she can write a book, but as others have said, I'll pass on reading it.

Comment

Might be a fascinating book if it expands on her unusual childhood.
            Indeed. Like many other folks who are born into poor and dysfunctional households where little or no parenting is being done, Lolo was born with the deck stacked against her but still made something of her life.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              As I said above, I do admire her 'grit and hustle'; she can fall short in the 'grace' dept . . . she's flawed, like the rest of us.
              I get why some folks might be annoyed with her but the way she comported herself immediately after the 2008 Olympic final when reporters stuck the mic in her face just moments after her Olympic dream had turned into a nightmare was as big a display of grace and sportsmanship as you will ever see from an athlete in defeat.

Comment

Lolo Jones, 39, says she 'gets teased all the time' for stance on premarital sex (yahoo.com)

Lolo Jones is getting candid about her dating life, yet again, sharing in a new post that she keeps getting her heart broken as she looks for love.

Comment

Ahhhhhh..if I were only 50 years younger..

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                    Ahhhhhh..if I were only 50 years younger..
                    She's probably not that picky at this point. Shooters shoot. Go for it!

Comment

Working...
                    X