X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bad hammy View Post

You mean win?? Hopefully not . . .
    Oh dear...

Anyways....I don't think it will work for our hero.

Comment

Meanwhile....

Jenner aims for Californians as a “compassionate disruptor” with a video from Brad Parscale, former Trump aide

https://mobile.twitter.com/KyungLahC...75921632350213

Comment

Meanwhile....

Caitlyn Jenner kicked off her campaign for CA Governor trying to win GOP votes by saying she opposes trans athletes in women’s sports. Turns out she plays golf from the women’s tees, and has been playing in women’s golf tournaments.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RonFilipk...15726013542400

Comment

“There have been so many who have traveled this road before me. From, in sports, Renée Richards to Chaz Bono, to Laverne Cox, and many others. Janet Mock is here tonight. And I want to thank them all publicly, as well as the ESPYs, and the late Arthur Ashe, for giving me this platform to start the next phase of my journey. I also want to acknowledge all the young trans athletes who are out there — given the chance to play sports as who they really are."

Read the Full Text of Caitlyn Jenner's Inspirational Speech at the ESPY Awards

https://time.com/3960279/caitlyn-jen...xt-transcript/

Comment

That was then......

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Oh dear...

Anyways....I don't think it will work for our hero.
              You mean our heroine?

Comment

Meanwhile... Jenner wants attention more than anything else.

It’s not really a campaign to become governor, it’s a campaign to become a conservative political celebrity.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jbarro/st...93486579113984

Comment

Meanwhile... Jenner wants attention more than anything else.
                  Sadly, I agree with that assessment. S/he's gone from my penthouse to my outhouse. I have tremendous sympathy for her sexual dysphoria, but she's become a caricature for media attention.
                  Last edited by Atticus; 05-06-2021, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Washington Post today.

All of which leads to an inevitable question: Why? Why this campaign and why this approach?

It’s possible that Jenner is simply getting dubious advice. She’s being advised by Brad Parscale, the man who shepherded Trump’s Facebook-heavy 2016 run. It was Parscale’s shop that produced that first Jenner ad, and it seems fair to assume that looping in core Trump staffers to advise her campaign might lead to an overemphasis on the utility of associating herself with the former president. (The benefits for the consultants in managing a wealthy person’s political campaign does not need to be explained.)

There’s another possibility, of course. Jenner spent years as part of that reality-television family and, after her transition, starred in her own, less popular show. It was canceled after two seasons. This gubernatorial run has a been a good way to reinject herself into the public conversation, a place where she clearly feels comfortable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ular-campaign/

Comment

I don't understand Jenner's (or anyone else) sexual/gender confusion but I grateful that a celebrity with his athletic credentials has declared common-sense opposition to male to female transgenders competing as a female.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                        I don't understand Jenner's (or anyone else) sexual/gender confusion but I grateful that a celebrity with his athletic credentials has declared common-sense opposition to male to female transgenders competing as a female.
                        The only confusion stems from cultural norms (which do, of course, naturally follow biological dicta) that say you can't be female if you're born male. Unfortunately, the neural pathways we're born with do NOT always conform to the simple xy / xx chromosome demarcation. Mr. Jenner was born with a brain that told him he was a girl, and the 'shame' that comes with that drove him to despair, until such time as his culture's consciousness allowed him to express what he really was, a she.
                        Like you, I am very gratified to hear her speak out against transgender MtF athletics fairness. She is an expert from personal experience.

Comment

That was then......
                          Yeah, and a more recent one than ESPY Award...

“I think every trans person, if they’re into athletics, should have an opportunity to compete and to improve themselves,” said Jenner. “I think sports is such a great way to learn a lot about yourself. And yeah, I want to, hopefully they’ll have the opportunity in the future to do whatever they can do. I’m all for it,” she said, and then said again, with more emphasis: “I’m all for it.”

Caitlyn Jenner shares her thoughts on the coronavirus, the Olympics and more

https://www.outsports.com/2020/4/2/2...udent-athletes

Comment

Jenner will say anything at this point that gets the most attention...

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                              Common sense has little to do with Jenner's views since they change 180 degrees with the latest opportunity.

Comment

Common sense has little to do with Jenner's views since they change 180 degrees with the latest opportunity.
                                Well, I heard him say it once. I'll go with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X