Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mboma (18yrs) - 48.54 (withdrawn from 400 in Tokyo?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Year, did those meets have electronic starting blocks and drug testers on site?
    Definitely no electronic blocks for her 49.22 race in Namibia

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

Definitely no electronic blocks for her 49.22 race in Namibia
      If you consider how hard it is to get records ratified at the NCAA Championships, where they always use electronic starting blocks and have drug testers on site, it doesn't bode well for WJR's for either of these two African athletes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
        This may give some clues as to why her original WJR was not ratified yet: both Mboma and Masiligi have been withdrawn from the 400m on the Road to Tokyo rankings. They are qualified and still appear in the 200m though.

Make of that what you will.
        WA will not be able to keep that sort of story quiet for long.

But I have definitely noted they have not hyped them as much as you would expect for posting such results. So again: Make of that what you will.

Comment

• Well... seems this tale is progressing as many had expected...

Comment

If you consider how hard it is to get records ratified at the NCAA Championships, where they always use electronic starting blocks and have drug testers on site, it doesn't bode well for WJR's for either of these two African athletes.
            having a drug tester on site and having WA protocols followed aren't necessarily the same thing

Comment

• Regarding technique: Mboma has an odd arm swing vaguely remindful of De Grasse, especially when he first came to prominence a few years ago. But given her recent performances maybe we need to re-think common notions of running mechanics instead of wanting to overhaul her style.
              As for the rest of the red hot speculative issues raised on this thread... best to sit back and see what develops rather than voice suspicions and innuendo.

Comment

• Originally posted by jc203 View Post
                best to sit back and see what develops rather than voice suspicions and innuendo.
                Bingo.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

having a drug tester on site and having WA protocols followed aren't necessarily the same thing
                  I think that's pretty obvious, isn't it?

Comment

• Since my previous post was deleted (as being ambiguous, I assume), I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and share my enthusiasm with many posters on this thread! I'm so excited!!! 47-low would be a great achievement for women's sport!!! Go for it!!! YEAH!!!

Comment

I think that's pretty obvious, isn't it?
                      no, because USATF rules regarding testing are different than what WA requires

Comment

• Originally posted by Pakilo View Post
                        Since my previous post was deleted (as being ambiguous, I assume), I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and share my enthusiasm with many posters on this thread! I'm so excited!!! 47-low would be a great achievement for women's sport!!! Go for it!!! YEAH!!!
                        Can’t wait for the likes of Felix and SMU and SRR to have been nothing but slow pokes!

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

no, because USATF rules regarding testing are different than what WA requires
                          Yeah, that's what I meant. Each different organization has their own testing protocols which is why Sha'carri Richardson is recognized as having the 100 CR, the 100 AJR but not the 100 WJR. It seems like the NCAA Championships is where there are the most problems satisfying all the different governing bodies at 9ne time though I was encouraged when I read that one of Athing Mu's records was ratified by World Athletics earlier this year.
                          Last edited by jazzcyclist; 07-01-2021, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Each different organization has their own testing protocols
                            Only in the US
                            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post

Only in the US
                              I don't know if you're aware of this or not but we're exceptional . . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post

I don't know if you're aware of this or not but we're exceptional . . . .
                                Hehe - that one took me a few seconds.

Comment

Working...
                                X