Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mboma (18yrs) - 48.54 (withdrawn from 400 in Tokyo?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clue me into what's going on. So she's barred from running the 400m in Tokyo? So who decided that ? And do we have any reasons for it?
    Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post
      So she's barred from running the 400m in Tokyo? So who decided that ? And do we have any reasons for it?
      If it's true she's been withdrawn(along with Masilingi) there's really only one thing it could be.
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Clue me into what's going on. So she's barred from running the 400m in Tokyo? So who decided that ? And do we have any reasons for it?
        Check out the restrictions that were put on Semenya regarding which events she could run.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Check out the restrictions that were put on Semenya regarding which events she could run.
          No problem, is there an article or something where I can view such. Also, supposed she had ran 49.8 in Poland instead of 48. would the barring from Tokyo had occurred? Will she now have to go through certain test with respect to hormone levels and such to determine whether she should compete in certain events?
          Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

When the data review for DSD athletes was done, they ended up requiring hormone treatments for all the events Semenya had run internationally. There had been DSD athletes in other events, but only Semenya (and Niyonsaba and Wambui a little bit) had shown outlier dominance. If Mboma is DSD, though she has nowhere near the masculine frame of the womens 800 medalists in Rio in 2016, she is still allowed to run the 200 without any treatment.
            Following this rabbit hole, I hope she can get to where she knows what she's doing out of the blocks, because she could still win the 200 in an amazing time. Course if she's DSD and medals in the 200, the powers that be will probably not allow that event to be available to her for very long. But for now, 200 is allowed and 400 is out.

Comment

No problem, is there an article or something where I can view such. Also, supposed she had ran 49.8 in Poland instead of 48. would the barring from Tokyo had occurred? Will she now have to go through certain test with respect to hormone levels and such to determine whether she should compete in certain events?
              We're assuming some facts based on the actions, but the 400 ban was gonna occur as soon as the testosterone levels came back outside of the female range.

Comment

If her drugs tests have already determined that she is DSD (I presume they have) then yes, she would be barred from the 400 whatever time she ran in Poland.

Comment

• Originally posted by moreover View Post

We're assuming some facts based on the actions, but the 400 ban was gonna occur as soon as the testosterone levels came back outside of the female range.
                  Or who knows when they first did any kind of exploration?

Comment

• Originally posted by moreover View Post

or more precisely, "outside of WA's stated range to compete in women's events"

Comment

• Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post

If her drugs tests have already determined that she is DSD (I presume they have) then yes, she would be barred from the 400 whatever time she ran in Poland.
                      Yeah, they couldn't possibly have determined that between yesterday's meet and today. The investigation must have been under way for some time.
                      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Also, supposed she had ran 49.8 in Poland instead of 48. would the barring from Tokyo had occurred?
                        Not a big poker player myself but isn't one of the key strats to not show your cards too early???

Last edited by bad hammy; 07-01-2021, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• The coach of Christine Mboma and Beatrice Masilingi has just said he was notified by World Athletics today that Mboma and Masilingi were being withdrawn from the Olympics in the 400.

The coach didn't state the reason they had been withdrawn, saying that he still needed to study the report that he had just received from World Athletics.

https://www.namibian.com.na/103076/r...-Olympics-400m
                          Last edited by RunningInCircles; 07-01-2021, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• This thread has taken a turn!
                            You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

or more precisely, "outside of WA's stated range to compete in women's events"
                              Or even more precisely, “outside of WA’s stated range to compete in certain women’s events”

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post

Yeah, they couldn't possibly have determined that between yesterday's meet and today. The investigation must have been under way for some time.
                                and there may not necessarily have been an "investation," just her now being on the radar and in meets whhere she'd get tested

Comment

Working...
                                X