Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mboma (18yrs) - 48.54 (withdrawn from 400 in Tokyo?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDelano View Post
    Notice that they also write that they're still eligible to compete in the 100, which they're not (check the road to Tokyo list on WA website)
    They didn't say they were able to compete in the Olympic 100, just that they could compete (internationally) in a 100m race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post

The athletes might not have been, but as for their coach, what are the odds of him coming across TWO such athletes just by accident in a small-population country? You have to wonder whether he wasn't looking for certain characteristics in girls he recruited.
      He just found two very fast athletes to hopefully make faster. Most of us on the board were excited about seeing what Mboma could accomplish. I would first assume that he was not questioning why they were so fast. Not ignorant, just inattentive.

Comment

• Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post

2-4 months? So are you saying that if Mboma's DSD wouldn't have been discovered until today, that she would have been allowed to compete in the Olympics?
        Correct. But any world record performance at the Olympics wouldn't ratified.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinR View Post

He just found two very fast athletes to hopefully make faster. Most of us on the board were excited about seeing what Mboma could accomplish. I would first assume that he was not questioning why they were so fast. Not ignorant, just inattentive.
          I would say a coach in the sport was pretty naive if that were the case. Would it be up to he or she to investigate further? I don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDelano View Post
            Notice that they also write that they're still eligible to compete in the 100, which they're not (check the road to Tokyo list on WA website)
            I believe they are eligible in the 100 and just not ranked high enough to qualify for Tokyo. Mboma does not appear to have ever run it at all, Masilingi has an 11.38 PR.

Comment

• So now it's ok to mention masculinity, DSD, testosterone, etc. about this young lady and even speculate but my comment and opinion on it her having some masculine features was deleted. Typical!

Comment

• Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post
                So now it's ok to mention masculinity, DSD, testosterone, etc. about this young lady and even speculate but my comment and opinion on it her having some masculine features was deleted. Typical!
                Right. 36-48 hours ago you would have the scarlet word thrown at you for bringing up what was, if not obvious, the next closest thing to obvious.
                You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                  Not a big poker player myself but isn't one of the key strats to not show your cards too early???
                  Yeah, I'm sort of wondering what would have happened had Mboma and Masilingi run just marginally under the Olympic standard. Would anyone have cared enough to do the DSD investigation before Tokyo? Sure, they would have been excluded from the 400 afterwards, but they'd still keep the Olympic medals.
                  Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

Right. 36-48 hours ago you would have the scarlet word thrown at you for bringing up what was, if not obvious, the next closest thing to obvious.
                    So true! It's almost like Murray is right - we can't face reality! Uh oh, I said 'Murray' watch out! Unfortunately, it is turning worse particularly on social media, which I don't visit much at all but except for links in these threads and ones I'm subscribed to in relation to T&F. There it is now systemic racism with crap like FreeShacarri and Richardson's marijuana use as some sort of 'black culture' being attacked by white supremacy. As seen on here I'm sure the testosterone DSD thing will turn 'black' too pardon the pun. This seems to be enhanced by the ruling in swimming that certain swim caps are now banned since they don't follow the natural shape of the head when covering the hair. These happen to be larger cap for Afro hair styles. And According to that one woman who came in 3rd in the hammer throw it's the Olympic Committee systemic racism. Just wait - it's gonna get worse watch!

Let's see how long this posts last ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post

Yeah, I'm sort of wondering what would have happened had Mboma and Masilingi run just marginally under the Olympic standard. Would anyone have cared enough to do the DSD investigation before Tokyo? Sure, they would have been excluded from the 400 afterwards, but they'd still keep the Olympic medals.
                      I think the counterfactuals are kind of fun. I wonder if Mboma would have ever been affected at all if not for the entire Semenya case. After 2008 world championships, I spoke with a returning female coach who said that everyone knew that Semenya was male, showing all the male secondary sex characteristics and none of the female. Mboma doesn't have any of that (Masilingi does as does Seyni). Seems like much of Mboma's advantage may come from the lack of female reproductive systems enabling better more consistent training rather than increased skeletomuscular development from androgens. The DSDs are broad spectrum, those indistinguishable from males offend my sensibilities when they are running with females, but Mboma didn't really. I think if all the DSDs looked like Mboma world athletics in general may have never regulated them.

Comment

• I do not understand why this problem is event-specific.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                          I do not understand why this problem is event-specific.
                          I eagerly await a logical answer to this as well!
                          You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

I eagerly await a logical answer to this as well!
                            There is no logical answer. The only reason why the rules are event-specific is that the IAAF was not able to demonstrate to CAS clearly that the advantage extended to all events.
                            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Odd remark from someone who is so strident about the application of rules in SCR's case. What, DSD athletes aren't entitled to some form of due process, "non-DSD until proven otherwise" treatment, like everyone else? What are the rules on this board about speculating without facts? Very hard to take you seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

I would say a coach in the sport was pretty naive if that were the case. Would it be up to he or she to investigate further? I don't know.
                                I can honestly say that would have to be a difficult conversation to begin! Would the coach recommend having the test performed on his own? The athletes themselves don't really know any different. They have always been female, and can only assume that there is no difference inside of them from their peers.

I truly feel for these young women, as this is a pretty heavy thing to have bandied about in the press.

Comment

Working...
                                X