Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mboma (18yrs) - 48.54 (withdrawn from 400 in Tokyo?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Powell View Post

There is no logical answer. The only reason why the rules are event-specific is that the IAAF was not able to demonstrate to CAS clearly that the advantage extended to all events.
    Scanning the comparative records of men and women at every level should be evidence enough.

Comment

• I really feel bad for these young women. Just a few short months ago they were still children and to enter adulthood this way with your personal information splattered across social media can’t be a good feeling. However, I refuse to believe that the coach or federation didn’t suspect issues once those times began to improve rapidly. The two don’t look totally masculine like Wambui or Niyosamba (enough to raise suspicion though), but, someone in the camp had to have suspect. This could have been handled discreetly before a fuss was made.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post

Scanning the comparative records of men and women at every level should be evidence enough.
        Commonsense is an attribute that is often not in abdundance with those running world sport.
        Last edited by Tuariki; 07-02-2021, 10:14 PM.

Comment

doesn't work for the throws

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinR View Post
            The athletes themselves don't really know any different. They have always been female, and can only assume that there is no difference inside of them from their peers.
            After reaching 17 without ever having a period even once, they or their family or doctor should have realized there is a difference. That difference isn't necessarily XY DSD, as there are other reasons for that, but it still means there's a condition that needs investigation and may require some form of treatment (depending on the underlying cause).

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

After reaching 17 without ever having a period even once, they or their family or doctor should have realized there is a difference. ...
              does amenorrhea by definition always occur in DSD people?

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

doesn't work for the throws
                Or weight lifting, I guess, which is why we have ridiculous situation of kiwi Laurel Hubbard, a biological male, being allowed to compete as a female.

Comment

• I hope I am not the only one dismayed by the rampant speculation about two humans we personally don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

does amenorrhea by definition always occur in DSD people?
                    Yes for the 46XY DSD World Athletics is concerned about, but not necessarily for other variations like hybrid XYXX etc.

Comment

Thats not how things work in a court of law. IAAF tried a blanket ban but it was overturned by CAS

Comment

• Originally posted by Lp171781 View Post
                        I really feel bad for these young women. Just a few short months ago they were still children and to enter adulthood this way with your personal information splattered across social media can’t be a good feeling. However, I refuse to believe that the coach or federation didn’t suspect issues once those times began to improve rapidly. The two don’t look totally masculine like Wambui or Niyosamba (enough to raise suspicion though), but, someone in the camp had to have suspect. This could have been handled discreetly before a fuss was made.
                        There is an element of corruption here. The coaches and agents knew that IAAF moves very slowly so they figured they could make a lot of money while the IAAF took forever to make what looks like an obvious decision. Thats why I said many times that IAAF encourages corruption. The coaches knew. The Federation knew. The agents knew. But there was money to be made.

Comment

• Originally posted by mungo man View Post

There is an element of corruption here. The coaches and agents knew that IAAF moves very slowly so they figured they could make a lot of money while the IAAF took forever to make what looks like an obvious decision. Thats why I said many times that IAAF encourages corruption. The coaches knew. The Federation knew. The agents knew. But there was money to be made.
                          Interesting point. They are runnng the game until it's shut down. Horrible for the young women.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

After reaching 17 without ever having a period even once, they or their family or doctor should have realized there is a difference. That difference isn't necessarily XY DSD, as there are other reasons for that, but it still means there's a condition that needs investigation and may require some form of treatment (depending on the underlying cause).
                            I don't think we really know anything about their background or education or what kind of access they had to healthcare. Perhaps they were not seeing a doctor regularly and/or did not have the education to realize the absence of a period was a problem and/or perhaps someone misinformed them that this was normal because they were exercising so hard.

I mean heck, right here in the US we have coaches like Alberto Salazar who think it is a good thing if female athletes are not menstruating. So yes, perhaps their coaches knew they were not menstruating and suspected they were intersex and wanted to milk if for all it was worth, but perhaps the topic of menstruation never came up at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by moreover View Post
                              I think if all the DSDs looked like Mboma world athletics in general may have never regulated them.
                              I agree 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by mungo man View Post

I doubt that the coaches, agents or anyone else made much, if any, money on these 2 athletes

Comment

Working...
                                X