Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mboma (18yrs) - 48.54 (withdrawn from 400 in Tokyo?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIRC Dutee Chand testimony correctly, Chand is 46XY with close to complete androgen insensitivity and said the family had been wondering why menstruation never started, breasts never began to devleop, etc. but didn't have any idea about the XY until the tests conducted at Asia Championships. As far as Mboma/Masilingi go, this could have been sprung upon them in the same way with no nefarious intent because they are so young and their maturity just happens to line up with the Olympic year - if the Olympics had been last year they probably would not have emerged before the Olympics. Still think Mboma can be competitive in the 200, she is very fast once she gets going and has no idea yet how to get out of the blocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

I doubt that the coaches, agents or anyone else made much, if any, money on these 2 athletes
      Exactly. They each had just a couple of races on the European circuit, none in the DL, so the money that was made couldn't have been huge.
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• Originally posted by moreover View Post
        Still think Mboma can be competitive in the 200, she is very fast once she gets going and has no idea yet how to get out of the blocks.
        It will be hard for her to learn how to sprint properly before Tokyo. She's more of a 400/800 type. It's actually Masilingi who's more of a speed-based 400 runner.
        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Still think Mboma can be competitive in the 200, she is very fast once she gets going and has no idea yet how to get out of the blocks.
          If she cannot get out of the blocks fast she will have a hard time making the final, much less beating the fabulous field of six great runners, and many pretty darn good ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by mungo man View Post

There is an element of corruption here. The coaches and agents knew that IAAF moves very slowly so they figured they could make a lot of money while the IAAF took forever to make what looks like an obvious decision. ....
            methinks you have a very skewed impression on how much compensation is out there... "big money" is definitely not a part of the non-DL meets.

Comment

• I wont say names but i and another poster made it clear this was likely the case with the ladies with "extra spice" and we were threatened smh. Alot of ppl love burying their heads in the sand roun these parts. Im glad it was all but a week til i was vindicated. I wont say i told you so.

Hurry on up free speech weekend!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by fasttrak85 View Post
                I wont say names but i and another poster made it clear this was likely the case with the ladies with "extra spice" and we were threatened smh. Alot of ppl love burying their heads in the sand roun these parts. Im glad it was all but a week til i was vindicated. I wont say i told you so.

Hurry on up free speech weekend!!!!!!
                What you posted was:

He likes his girls with a little something special

In an age of Larry Nassar, the sad reality of Mboma and Masilingi doesn't vindicate your post wording

Comment

I think the counterfactuals are kind of fun. I wonder if Mboma would have ever been affected at all if not for the entire Semenya case. After 2008 world championships, I spoke with a returning female coach who said that everyone knew that Semenya was male, showing all the male secondary sex characteristics and none of the female. Mboma doesn't have any of that (Masilingi does as does Seyni). Seems like much of Mboma's advantage may come from the lack of female reproductive systems enabling better more consistent training rather than increased skeletomuscular development from androgens. The DSDs are broad spectrum, those indistinguishable from males offend my sensibilities when they are running with females, but Mboma didn't really. I think if all the DSDs looked like Mboma world athletics in general may have never regulated them.
                  When I found myself reacting to Semenya and Chand cases differently, I hated myself for being so superficial. But maybe there is some substance behind my instinctive reaction.

Comment

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kui1Y_Lov4M
                    Last edited by uakari; 07-03-2021, 03:40 AM.

Comment

• someone explain to me — are you saying mboma and masilingi (and dutee chand) are similar to the case of maria patiño?

Comment

• Originally posted by uakari View Post
                        similar to the case of maria patiño?
                        Unless she is an athlete who competes at a distance between 400m and 3000m, then the answer is probably no...

Comment

• sorry i wasn’t very clear. what i meant was ... they might have “male” levels of testosterone but the body cannot make use of it. i mean, i can see how the physiques of both young namibians differ markedly from those of semenya and seyni.

Comment

• I don't think anyone knows for sure yet so hard to make comparisons to Patino

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

I doubt that the coaches, agents or anyone else made much, if any, money on these 2 athletes
                              They made some money. Those two girls were not running for free. Aside from prize money, they already had sponsorships for example from Telecom Namibia. And now that they are seen as victims, their endorsements will even rise higher. In case you haven't noticed, Semenya is making more money now from endorsements because she is now seen as a hero fighting imperialism and injustice. Again I blame IAAF incompetence/corruption
                              Last edited by mungo man; 07-03-2021, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mungo man View Post
                                she is now seen as a hero fighting imperialism and injustice.
                                She is indeed an underdog fighting 'the system' (a system trying to protect other women in sport), but 'imperialism and injustice' is a huge stretch.

Comment

Working...
                                X