Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mboma (18yrs) - 48.54 (withdrawn from 400 in Tokyo?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Yes, I understand the word 'imperialism'. America was a colony too. I don't see how that works into her narrative.
    Umm.. I have already explained that in my previous post. Hubbard gets a pass because she is a descendant of the imperial power that colonized New Zealand. Semenya does not get a break because she is a descendant of the people who were colonized by the imperial power. So the woke account of their difference is that the current institution is a legacy of imperialism that still favors people who were part of the colonizers over people who were part of the colonized.

Comment

• Originally posted by mungo man View Post
      As an example, when IOC adjusted their rules around trans athletes to be more inclusive in 2015, the decision was taken due to intense pressure and lobbying from the relevant lobby groups. Athletes were not consulted and it appears no medical professionals were consulted. How else can we have a boxing match between people who biologically fit in different categories. These lobby groups are very effective. And they have an army of lawyers to challenge rulings.
      Back in 2015, IOC changed the rule for all the Olympic sports. But now they are open to the idea of different sports setting different standards. WA already has more strict testosterone level than IOC (5nomi/L vs.10nmol/L) since 2019. World Rugby has totally banned any trans athlete from women's games. I expect International Weightlifting Federation will change the rule after the Olympics. This Hubbard situation might be something they had already expected six years ago, but could not do anything because they could not set their own rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Good news from the Bahamas - SMU will contest both the 200 and 400.

http://www.tribune242.com/news/2021/...ic-team-named/

or, at least, is entered in both.
        Didn't they just list the team based on trials results? Gardiner is entered for 200m and 400m but I'm pretty sure there is no way he will be doubling.

I hope SMU doubles if time table permits though. She should be able to easily win 400m and might have enough left in the tank to compete for at least bronze in 200m.

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
          Umm.. I have already explained that in my previous post. Hubbard gets a pass because she is a descendant of the imperial power that colonized New Zealand. Semenya does not get a break because she is a descendant of the people who were colonized by the imperial power. So the woke account of their difference is that the current institution is a legacy of imperialism that still favors people who were part of the colonizers over people who were part of the colonized.
          Now you are just talking a load of crap.

If Hubbard was Maori, Hubbard would still get a pass. And allowing a Maori transgender to compete would also happen, and would still be wrong.

And while Hubbard is within the rules, as far as I am concerned, Hubbard is a cheat, because Hubbard is not and never will be a biological female.

And Semenya's situation is nothing to do with her ethnicity, colour, natiobality. If Semenya was white, Semenya would still be banned.

And should be banned from all events, not just the 400 to 1500.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Now you are just talking a load of crap.

If Hubbard was Maori, Hubbard would still get a pass. And allowing a Maori transgender to compete would also happen, and would still be wrong.

And while Hubbard is within the rules, as far as I am concerned, Hubbard is a cheat, because Hubbard is not and never will be a biological female.

And Semenya's situation is nothing to do with her ethnicity, colour, natiobality. If Semenya was white, Semenya would still be banned.

And should be banned from all events, not just the 400 to 1500.
            You have just demonstrated that the "woke narrative' is a crap. I have never said I agree with this account. (Actually, I made it clear that I didn't.)

But I always try to comprehend the "reasoning" of people that I do not agree with. Trying to dismiss anything I disagree with as "incomprehensible" is immature, IMHO.

Comment

• this conversation is straying.....

Comment

You have just demonstrated that the "woke narrative' is a crap.
                The 'woke narrative' is very simple: systemic racism leaves some people at an unfair disadvantage. It doesn't go into specifics, it just notes this 'Truth. Do you disagree with this narrative?

Comment

• this conversation is straying.....

Comment

• What are the season PRs of the prominent women left standing heading to Tokyo?
                    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
                      What are the season PRs of the prominent women left standing heading to Tokyo?
                      SMU 49.08
                      Mu 49.57.
                      McPherson 49.61.
                      Hayes. 49.78.
                      Little. 49.91.
                      McLeod 49.91.
                      Paulino 49.99.

400 Metres - women - senior - outdoor - 2021 (worldathletics.org)

Comment

SMU 49.08
                        Mu 49.57.
                        McPherson 49.61.
                        Hayes. 49.78.
                        Little. 49.91.
                        McLeod 49.91.
                        Paulino 49.99.

Mu and Little aren't running the 400 at Tokyo

Felix 50.02
                        Jonathas 50.03

Comment

SMU 49.08
                          Mu 49.57.
                          McPherson 49.61.
                          Hayes. 49.78.
                          Little. 49.91.
                          McLeod 49.91.
                          Paulino 49.99.

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

Mu and Little aren't running the 400 at Tokyo

Felix 50.02
                            Jonathas 50.03
                            Thanks.

Wide open! Felix has that veteran "puncher's" chance for a medal.
                            Last edited by scottmitchell74; 07-04-2021, 01:09 AM.

Comment

SMU 49.08
                              Mu 49.57.
                              McPherson 49.61.
                              Hayes. 49.78.
                              Little. 49.91.
                              McLeod 49.91.
                              Paulino 49.99.

Wow didn't know Little had gone sub 50. Now I agree 100% with those who said it was very short sighted of her not to have doubled at trials.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

What you posted was:

He likes his girls with a little something special

In an age of Larry Nassar, the sad reality of Mboma and Masilingi doesn't vindicate your post wording
                                Mmm hmmm ok well i think their case sums up what i said. Ill let who want to split hairs keep splitting.

Comment

Working...
                                X