Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mboma (18yrs) - 48.54 (withdrawn from 400 in Tokyo?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fasttrak85 View Post
    Serious question here. Do we have a Senenya tyoe situation with these two new "ladies"? Either their coach is a magician or he he likes his girls with a little something special. Anyone knows whats goin on?
    Serious response. Your questioning about "likes his girls with a little something special" is disgusting.
    Last edited by Tuariki; 06-21-2021, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
      49.88 for Masilingi in Chorzów. The conditions were great for sprinting, but it looked like she set off too fast and died a bit at the end. Still won by a big margin.
      I didn't think she died, watching the race on Youtube. I agree she went off very fast, although Swiety makes everyone inside her look fast over the first 100m! Also, a great outdoor debut for Swiety, let's see how she progresses over the next few weeks. Certainly POL will be battling GBR and JAM for 4x4 medals.

Masilingi has proven she is the real deal. One would like to think that any issues would have been cleared up by now, she ran in the African Games back in 2019, after Seyni's forced event switch. You would hope in an ideal world that the organisers and federations would be on top of this type of scenario by now, but we'll see.

I'm keen to see how Mboma runs on the circuit in a 400m now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
        One would like to think that any issues would have been cleared up by now, she ran in the African Games back in 2019, after Seyni's forced event switch. You would hope in an ideal world that the organisers and federations would be on top of this type of scenario by now, but we'll see.
        Maybe, maybe not. Seyni ran about 5 races in Europe, including a 50.69 the prior season, before being barred from the 400m. If there is an issue with either of the Namibians, the authorities might not have discovered it yet, or they're still sorting it out with the lawyers. So far they've run what, just one meet each outside Africa?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Serious response. Your questioning about "likes his girls with a little something special" is disgusting.
          Sorry you feel that way. But i have noticed alot of intersex athletes hqve gravitated to middle distance and long sprints. There were about 3 ir 4 and all vanished recently. Knowing this when you see 17/18 yr old girls coached by same person in sane small country drop crqzy times early in season its either he really knows what he is doin or these girls came to the table(or track) with an edge.

Comment

Masilingi runs in the 200m this evening in Luzern. She will face Ta Lou, Schippers, as well as GER Champs Alexandra Burghardt, and Lisa Marie Kwayie. Masilingi is the 2nd fastest on paper this season behind Ta Lou, so let's see what happens.

Comment

After Masilingi, now Mboma will be doing her first European 400 race in Poland as well. It's going to happen today at the Szewińska Memoriał.
              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

After Masilingi, now Mboma will be doing her first European 400 race in Poland as well. It's going to happen today at the Szewińska Memoriał.
                Yes, this will be very interesting. I'm also keen to see how Swiety has progressed after her very good opener.

Comment

48.54 for Mboma!!! It was fairly windy in Bydgoszcz, too, with headwind on the home straight.

Comment

Wowser.

Oh man, I just feel this isn't going to end well again ala 2019

Comment

48.54 for Mboma!!! It was fairly windy in Bydgoszcz, too, with headwind on the home straight.
                      There is no rest for Shaunae, the competition is from all angles. Goodness. Is Mboma, the 17 year old athlete?
                      Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

OK, time for a Mboma vs Mu showdown!!
                        LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post

There is no rest for Shaunae, the competition is from all angles. Goodness. Is Mboma, the 17 year old athlete?
                          She is 18 now! Title needs to change!

Comment

Huge new WU20R and no.7 all time!

Comment

If your're shaunae at this moment, what are you even thinking, do I stick with 400 and try to go 48 flat or do I go to the 200 and try to run 21.6 to win.
                              Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post
                                If your're shaunae at this moment, what are you even thinking, do I stick with 400 and try to go 48 flat or do I go to the 200 and try to run 21.6 to win.
                                I think SMU's initial choice looks good now. 21.5 is more doable than 48.3.
                                Mboma also looks like she won't have to expend much energy in the rounds. She does run like Mu. THAT will be a good race.

Comment

Working...
                                X