Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mboma (18yrs) - 48.54 (withdrawn from 400 in Tokyo?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's lots of photos of Mboma with fans today on the "The Namibian" facebook page. She is tiny and slight. Exciting to watch her run.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1.609 View Post

Maybe a US scholarship.....
      I thought she was already running for Nike.

Comment

• Insane performance! Guess this means the race is for second in Tokyo if she can manage the rounds well enough.

Comment

• How is predicting a WR for Mboma any different than me saying Athing Mu can break the WR in the 800?
          I'd love to see them go head to head---at any distance!!

Comment

• I think her overall form is quite good, it's just that rogue lower arm. Her hip and leg action looks great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steele View Post
              I think her overall form is quite good, it's just that rogue lower arm. Her hip and leg action looks great.
              Agree. Low arm action is better than high arms. Technique reminds me very much of Mu. Or maybe it's just the margin of victory!

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                I'd love to see them go head to head---at any distance!!
                600 meters.

Comment

• Her next 400m race is next Monday in France. Meeting Stanislas Nancy (Continental tour bronze).

Comment

• I found it rather interesting that the World Athletics report on the meet gave Mboma just 3 lines of text. As Sha'Carri would say "show me (her) some respect".

We just witnessed something crazy-special last night, she blew the WJR out of the water, but WA would rather focus on other events. I get her name isn't big - yet - but give her some credit.

Comment

• IAAF lists Mboma as the 7th fastest woman in history.
                      But for some reason they still list Grit Breuer as the holder of the women's Junior 400m record yet both Mboma and Masilingi have broken that record. Mboma broke the record nearly 2 months ago but IAAF has not ratified it. Incompetence all around.

Comment

• Originally posted by mungo man View Post
                        IAAF lists Mboma as the 7th fastest woman in history.
                        But for some reason they still list Grit Breuer as the holder of the women's Junior 400m record yet both Mboma and Masilingi have broken that record. Mboma broke the record nearly 2 months ago but IAAF has not ratified it. Incompetence all around.
                        typically takes months for any record to be ratified at the world level (as it should)

Comment

• This may give some clues as to why her original WJR was not ratified yet: both Mboma and Masiligi have been withdrawn from the 400m on the Road to Tokyo rankings. They are qualified and still appear in the 200m though.

Make of that what you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by mungo man View Post
                            IAAF lists Mboma as the 7th fastest woman in history.
                            Slow your roll. They don't just look at results and say, "Oh, OK, that's a world record."

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

Slow your roll. They don't just look at results and say, "Oh, OK, that's a world record."
                              Year, did those meets have electronic starting blocks and drug testers on site?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
                                both Mboma and Masiligi have been withdrawn from the 400m on the Road to Tokyo rankings. They are qualified and still appear in the 200m though.

Make of that what you will.
                                Extreme disappointment and hoping it will be rectified at least in Mboma's case. I was pumped about potentially seeing the 400 WR go.

Comment

Working...
                                X