Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Champs 2022 ticket questions

Gotta tentative place to stay in Eugene for the WC next year so the housing part of a TAFNEWS tour we wouldn't need. Our concern is about getting tickets, as I think Atticus or someone alluded to elsewhere. So, debating whether or not to put down a deposit for a tour. So, two questions for anyone who might venture an educated guess. 1. When might tickets go on sale, and, 2. What might be the chances for Joe Public like me to get 4 or 6 tickets? How do they normally sell them....lottery? 10 minute online buying panic like for a Stones concert? (I guess that's three questions.)

I know this might be well in advance, but in trying to plan my attendance to the 2021 Worlds...is it known when tickets will drop? Thanks!
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

based on earlier thread here, the OT tickets went on sale on July 25, which means 11 months before the meet. So that might be a hint as to what will happen for the Worlds, although like alll Hayward Field meets, the regulars will probably get an advance shot before sales are opened to the general public

Comment

Thanks! That's what I needed. Was there a specific thread based on this topic, or just general chatter?

A co-worker's track interest has been reignited and he brought this up, out of the blue, so I want to see what's possible.
        You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

I'm worried that it's going to turn into a nightmare to get good tickets, so I signed up for the T&FN tour which includes the tickets. It's pricey, but this is the first WC in the USA (and in TrackTown to boot!) so I HAVE to go!
          If there were ever a time for everyone on this board to meet, it'll be then!!

Comment

No news on the ticket front in town at all.....as gh noted it will be next year....I will post something as soon as I hear as I am on the mailing lists....

Housing has improved....they have been building up scale student housing along Franklin.

Comment

Completely unknown...I'm certainly not counting on it. It's only 12500 inside....if you want to definitely get in I would go with the tour...the deposit isn't that much.

I think the odds of getting 4 to 6 is pretty small.

Comment

The capacity of the stadium is due to go up to 25,000

Comment

Anyone with a guess as to when tickets might go on sale, based on prior experience with the WC etc?

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                    Anyone with a guess as to when tickets might go on sale, based on prior experience with the WC etc?
                    I'm on all the mailing lists. As soon as I find out I will post.

The Trials tickets went on sale in 2019. I suspect WC tickets will be on sale this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

I'm on all the mailing lists. As soon as I find out I will post.

The Trials tickets went on sale in 2019. I suspect WC tickets will be on sale this summer.
                      this is based on ZERO "inside information," but given the whole schmozzle with having to wipe out all of this year's OT purchases, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the ticket window moved later than normal. It's not as if it's a buyer's market.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

this is based on ZERO "inside information," but given the whole schmozzle with having to wipe out all of this year's OT purchases, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the ticket window moved later than normal. It's not as if it's a buyer's market.
                        That is a good point...probably September as a likely time period for ticket sales.
                        Conor Dary
                        Last edited by Conor Dary; 05-01-2021, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trailrun View Post
                          The capacity of the stadium is due to go up to 25,000
                          Not gonna happen. 17000 is the number I’ve heard from a VERY GOOD source. Just look at the layout and tell me they could double the current size without building 100 row bleachers. Factoring in that size, we’ll probably be looking at Olympic-priced tickets. Not going to go down well with the locals.
                          bruce3404
                          Last edited by bruce3404; 05-04-2021, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Track and Field News has posted this is going to be a very expensive World Champs, $53-5700 for double occupancy tour. My only experience in this was '92 Olympics. You can buy all tickets, opening and closing ceremonies and morning and afternoon sessions, morning typically being qualifying and afternoon finals. Don't know if they will squeeze every last penny with morning, afternoon and evening sessions. I imagine, like anything else, the larger your group the sooner you'd better get tickets. Don't know when they went on sail, ended up looking to finds out.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post

Not gonna happen. 17000 is the number I’ve heard from a VERY GOOD source. Just look at the layout and tell me they could double the current size without building 100 row bleachers. Factoring in that size, we’ll probably be looking at Olympic-priced tickets. Not going to go down well with the locals.
                              17,000 sounds right and even that will be pushing it...as I wrote elsewhere there is hardly any room on the north end on 15th for temporary seats....
                              Conor Dary
                              Last edited by Conor Dary; 05-28-2021, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X