Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lot of decent seats for day 5 which is the men's 1500 final.

Comment

• If you have a few bucks laying around you can consider these packages.
      https://www.worldathletics.org/compe...ty-experiences

Comment

• https://worldathletics.org/news/pres...r-wch-oregon22

Comment

• Are we holding our breath for a new variant to emerge in late spring and throw a big monkey-wrench in the works?

Comment

• my biggest fear — be it variant new or old — is that the government will become ultra-conservative when it comes to allowing foreign travelers into the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
              my biggest fear — be it variant new or old — is that the government will become ultra-conservative when it comes to allowing foreign travelers into the country.
              Hope they get a playbook from Tokyo, which, despite doom and gloom forecasts, and overwhelming domestic disapproval, went exceedingly well.

Comment

• Originally posted by donley2 View Post
                If you have a few bucks laying around you can consider these packages.
                https://www.worldathletics.org/compe...ty-experiences
                A few dollars laying around?? HA!!! Try taking out a second mortgage on your house.

Comment

• Let's see: sixteen sessions times 30,000 seats (the minimum supposedly required by World Athletics for a venue to host a World Championships) equals 480,000 tickets. So they are over one-fifth of the way to a sellout. 😉

Comment

my biggest fear — be it variant new or old — is that the government will become ultra-conservative when it comes to allowing foreign travelers into the country.
                    I see I left out part II in the original: the government may also find political reasons to make it hard on certain nations.

Comment

I see I left out part II in the original: the government may also find political reasons to make it hard on certain nations.
                      While the Uyghur and related human rights violations (aka deaths) are horrific, trying to affect the situation via Olympic channels is a fool's errand with all sorts of unintended consequences, which could make matters worse, not only there, but around the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        While the Uyghur and related human rights violations (aka deaths) are horrific, trying to affect the situation via Olympic channels is a fool's errand with all sorts of unintended consequences, which could make matters worse, not only there, but around the world.
                        Is that what gh was getting at? I wish the US would get out of the business of pious sanctimony when it comes to foreign affairs. As the old adage goes, folks who live in glass houses . . . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

Let's see: sixteen sessions times 30,000 seats (the minimum supposedly required by World Athletics for a venue to host a World Championships) equals 480,000 tickets. So they are over one-fifth of the way to a sellout. 😉
                          That was the first thing I thought, with slightly different numbers. A while back the departed Conor Dary spent a few minutes counting seats on the ticket site and came up with capacity of 15,152, for a total of 242,342 for the 16 sessions, so still about 140,000 tickets left. It's clear that building the new Hayward any larger than they did would have been foolish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            my scenario has noting to do with "olympic channels"; I'm talking about it traditionally having been tough for some nation's athletes to get U.S. visas (see Lasitskene and Sidorova at last year's Pre)

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                              That was the first thing I thought, with slightly different numbers. A while back the departed Conor Dary spent a few minutes counting seats on the ticket site and came up with capacity of 15,152, for a total of 242,342 for the 16 sessions, so still about 140,000 tickets left. It's clear that building the new Hayward any larger than they did would have been foolish.
                              Some may say it's clear that staging the World Championships in Eugene is foolish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

Some may say it's clear that staging the World Championships in Eugene is foolish.
                                Some could, and others might disagree. To each their own . . .
                                bad hammy
                                Last edited by bad hammy; 01-15-2022, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X