Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNC Tar Heels win their 9th NCAA title.

,,, in field hockey, tying ODU for the most titles.

No. 1 UNC Claims Third Consecutive NCAA Field Hockey Title With OT Win - Chapelboro.com

Congrats, Tarheels!

Comment

The problem of course isn't UNC domination but a lack of talented women to supply other schools who would like to compete at a high level. You see it in a number of sports: plenty of participants but not enough good players.

Tonight the men elite 8 soccer (4) matches kick off at 8. The NCAA defending champ has already been eliminated. . As well as other rated teams. Not everybody can win but it's good to see some turnover.

Comment

GTHCGTH - sorry, couldn't resist

Comment

Okay, Bambam. You need to translate for those of us from the Bluegrass state.

Comment

Its shorthand for a standard Duke cheer - Go to Hell, Carolina, Go to Hell!

Having said that, as Dr Jay and I have discussed, I am one of the rare Duke fans who actually admires Carolina, both the school and especially their athletic programs. Its a very good school and has great sports teams that basically I think do things the right way - the somewhat recent academic scandal aside.

Obviously, I want Duke to beat the snot out of them when we play each other but I actually sorta root for Carolina when they're playing somebody else. Maybe don't root too hard for them, but I don't root against them.

Comment

Thanks, bambam.
              Also, UNC's men's soccer team upset Wake Forest 2-1 yesterday to advance to the NCAA semifinals.

Comment

And of course, our women's soccer team is in the College Cup (final four) again.
                Both our men and women's lacrosse teams are seeded #1.

Comment

Thanks Bambam. Especially for typing it slowly so I could keep up.

Comment

Every four-year UNC student since 1977 has been on campus for at least one national championship:
                    https://247sports.com/college/north-...all-165248351/

Comment

Is this UNC’s best athletics program ever? Tar Heels on verge of record-breaking feat

With COVID-19 protocols casting a cloud of uncertainty over the upcoming seasons, it all felt so heavy and a bit deflating at the time. Cunningham is ending the school year with a very different feeling, as the Tar Heels are on the verge of having their most successful year ever as an athletic department.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/best-ever...104500156.html

Comment

If they just had their A-team players in the Orange Bowl....

Oh, wait, I forgot, bowl games and football scholarships and commitment don't matter anymore. But we've been over that ground elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                          Every four-year UNC student since 1977 has been on campus for at least one national championship:
                          https://247sports.com/college/north-...all-165248351/
                          That is a remarkable honor.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinR View Post

That is a remarkable honor.
                            Yes. But Stanford has won at least one NCAA title every year for the last 45 years.

In the meantime...

Carolina Prevails Over Duke To Reach NCAA Final Four - University of North Carolina Athletics (goheels.com)

Comment

There is not doubt Stanford has the secret sauce.

Comment

Working...
                              X