X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

You were impatient.
    The only response I saw was this one. Then you put another one after it. I am not a mind reader, and I don't care where you get your crystal knackers, childish games, or how long you and your buddy Jazzy have been friends. That is irrelevant to thinking you are qualified to make insensitive comments about the suffering of another human being. I can know a hypocrite for 20 years and that has nothing to do with whether or not they have nothing kind to say about someone who is hurting.

Let me spell it out for you.

Judging someone without saying anything that expresses familiarity with or understanding of their situation, is the very essence of hypocrisy. Pointing that out is known as an observation. Observation and hypocrisy are not synonyms. Neither are chicken and liver.

Unless you know from your own experience the unbelievable hell of mental health and particularly depression, please do not say "He or she should be doing this or that." Go talk to someone who knows what it's like to want to die and still fights beyond all odds to stay alive. Then decide what you will say. Nobody who has lived with this illness would say some of the things that appear on this board, unless there was an accompanying underlying disorder.
    Last edited by 1.609; 07-24-2021, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Unless you have lived with someone who suffers the crippling, devastating effects of clinical anxiety, you really do NOT have any idea what you think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Unless you have lived with someone who suffers the crippling, devastating effects of clinical anxiety, you really do NOT have any idea what you think it is.
        Amen....

Comment

Originally posted by 1.609 View Post

The only response I saw was this one. Then you put another one after it. I am not a mind reader, and I don't care where you get your crystal knackers, childish games, or how long you and your buddy Jazzy have been friends. That is irrelevant to thinking you are qualified to make insensitive comments about the suffering of another human being. I can know a hypocrite for 20 years and that has nothing to do with whether or not they have nothing kind to say about someone who is hurting.

Let me spell it out for you.

Judging someone without saying anything that expresses familiarity with or understanding of their situation, is the very essence of hypocrisy. Pointing that out is known as an observation. Observation and hypocrisy are not synonyms. Neither are chicken and liver.

Unless you know from your own experience the unbelievable hell of mental health and particularly depression, please do not say "He or she should be doing this or that." Go talk to someone who knows what it's like to want to die and still fights beyond all odds to stay alive. Then decide what you will say. Nobody who has lived with this illness would say some of the things that appear on this board, unless there was an accompanying underlying disorder.

Once again you're making assumptions. How do you know I or someone I love haven't gone through this?

Maybe that very experience makes one question Naomi, who strikes many people as a entitled diva, as a bit disingenuous. As has been stated, many people have jobs with aspects they don't like while struggling mentally themselves. They continue to do their job, or they leave their jobs. Part of her job is interviews. There isn't a qualification saying "you only have to answer questions you like."

A person can have empathy and call out foolishness when they see it. Naomi's struggle is somehow being used as a shield...like she's incapable of saying/holding a foolish or unpopular opinion. Some of her statements and requests have been pilloried by folks on tv/radio/print in the sporting news arena and beyond. Mentilly ill people often make unreasonable statements or requests. It kind of goes with the territory. Are you saying she's incapable of this?

You're also engaging in judgement, while claiming to hate judgment . Oh...you called it an observation? Me too. I've observed you being a judgmental hypocrite.

So the statement still stands. Jazzy's reasonable response will not be received well by many in these parts.

Last edited by scottmitchell74; 07-24-2021, 09:05 PM.
          You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

How do you know I or someone I love haven't gone through this?
            I'll ask sincerely, have you? Real diagnosed clinical anxiety?
            My mother had it and once you have to deal with that on an actual daily basis, I can't believe ANYONE would understand it. There is certainly no 'deal with it' or 'toughen up' and 'it's part of your job, so just grit your teeth and do it'. That is simply not an option. They can certainly learn to 'cope' with it, each in their own way, but it's OUR job to limit the situations where it can paralyze them.
            Osaka had complete control of the photo shoots they did. And she understands that as a tennis player, there's things she needs to deal with, but what she does NOT need to deal with are contentious ANXIETY-triggering people, or, should I say, . . . . she should not HAVE to, given her medical condition. As I pointed out before: she can't play on broken ankle and no one would expect her to. But some people DO expect her to deal with uncaring people who make her condition worse, simply because they do not understand it. Mental illness is as real as a broken ankle and just as hard to deal with in an athletic environment.

Comment

Once again you're making assumptions. How do you know I or someone I love haven't gone through this?

Maybe that very experience makes one question Naomi, who strikes many people as a entitled diva, as a bit disingenuous. As has been stated, many people have jobs with aspects they don't like while struggling mentally themselves. They continue to do their job, or they leave their jobs. Part of her job is interviews. There isn't a qualification saying "you only have to answer questions you like."

A person can have empathy and call out foolishness when they see it. Naomi's struggle is somehow being used as a shield...like she's incapable of saying/holding a foolish or unpopular opinion. Some of her statements and requests have been pilloried by folks on tv/radio/print in the sporting news arena and beyond. Mentilly ill people often make unreasonable statements or requests. It kind of goes with the territory. Are you saying she's incapable of this?

You're also engaging in judgement, while claiming to hate judgment . Oh...you called it an observation? Me too. I've observed you being a judgmental hypocrite.

So the statement still stands. Jazzy's reasonable response will not be received well by many in these parts.

Hate to tell you, but the only people you're gonna fool with this _______, is other people who are equally clueless regarding mental illness.

Comment

Working...
              X