Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post

Jerry Schumacher is very different than Salazar and he does not have the type of history consistent with a lot of doping.
    Surely, you can only have a 'history' of doping once you've been caught?

And 'a lot of doping'??? Does he have a history with a little bit of doping??

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post
      Absolutely incredible article by Sally Jenkins in the Washington Post that exposes the ignorance and stupidity of WADA and CAS regarding Shelby Houlihan!
      A must read for anyone who KNOWS she's innocent and should be on the starting line in Eugene in the 1500 and 5000.
      Finally, the TRUTH!!
      Sally Jenkins--Lance Armstrong's co-author. Enough said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Who carries cash with then these days anyway
        it would be a reasonable idea to carry cash when going to these food trucks. They may or may not take cards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post

it would be a reasonable idea to carry cash when going to these food trucks. They may or may not take cards.
          that's true enough, but it has been my experience through the pandemic that a lot of places have stopped taking cash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Who carries cash with then these days anyway
            Lots of folks like me do, for legal recreational marijuana purchases. Because of the Feds saber-rattling, banks have mostly disallowed credit cards for weed purchases and do not process business loans for dispensaries, therefore the legal weed business in the US at almost all levels is a major cash industry.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
              that's true enough, but it has been my experience through the pandemic that a lot of places have stopped taking cash.
              Not to mention all the sales you'd miss with no electronic means of purchase. I haven't used cash in 15 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chicago View Post

Sally Jenkins--Lance Armstrong's co-author. Enough said.
                She does a reasonable job of describing the clash between a zero-tolerance policy and situations like the Houlihan case. But she goes over the top with implications of racism.

WADA is the ultimate expression of the International Olympic Committee’s old-world arrogance. It was founded in 1999 on the anxieties of European elites who feared that gold medalists were beginning to not look much like them, and might outstrip their amateur sailor-and-fencer illusions that they too were great athletes.
                https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...ihan-wada-ban/

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post

Lots of folks like me do, for legal recreational marijuana purchases. Because of the Feds saber-rattling, banks have mostly disallowed credit cards for weed purchases and do not process business loans for dispensaries, therefore the legal weed business in the US at almost all levels is a major cash industry.
                  I was going to mention that people in certain states carry cash for certain transactions.

I do carry cash but so rarely use it that I remember when and where I got it, like I'm still carrying pre-pandemic cash in my wallet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post

She said the food truck is near her house, and if she has bought food from them a few times before she would have found out whether they take cards (unless she never attempted to use a card with them).

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

She said the food truck is near her house, and if she has bought food from them a few times before she would have found out whether they take cards (unless she never attempted to use a card with them).
                      I'd be shocked that a food truck in a suburb doesn't take cards... they'd never make any money. She may only pay cash but not taking cards is business suicide.

Comment

• Originally posted by booond View Post

I'd be shocked that a food truck in a suburb doesn't take cards... they'd never make any money. She may only pay cash but not taking cards is business suicide.
                        Exactly. Again we are in 2021, not 1991. Most people (especially in her age group) are grabbing their phone and going out places, and businesses know it. Food trucks aren't janky moving vehicles, they are full fledged businesses.

Comment

Absolutely incredible article by Sally Jenkins in the Washington Post that exposes the ignorance and stupidity of WADA and CAS regarding Shelby Houlihan!
                          A must read for anyone who KNOWS she's innocent and should be on the starting line in Eugene in the 1500 and 5000.
                          Finally, the TRUTH!!
                          incredible in your opinion! just because ONE journalist writes an article and you proclaim it to be THE TRUTH are we suppose to come to the irrefutable conclusion that Shelby Houlihan is right? That is what the people at Fox and OAN want everyone to believe: "I said it so you had better believe it"...sorry, no deal!

Comment

"You're right from your side
                            I'm right from mine
                            We're just one too many mornings
                            and a thousand miles behind"

Bob Dylan
                            your best post in a long time!

Comment

• Originally posted by El Toro View Post

I wouldn't agree with impeccable but maybe rather basic, instead.

Most of those points are just straight from the research linked above by others as well as some of the key references contained therein. Oddly, most people never seem to read the detail, they just take the headline statements, like, "eating offal will make you test positive!!!!" and go from there.

Unfortunately, most of the research is controlled by the evil Elsevier, so I lhad to rely on abstracts alone which is not ideal. I have to say the abstract was clear about how few tested positive after eating offal - 1 nandrolone positive out of 50 people, so 2% chance. Unfortunately, time period between eatilng and testing as well as exact offal content was hidden.

The important takeaway is that USA meat production is owned by few corporations, highly industrialised and thus uses intensive, standardised production, slaughtering and processing methods, which is why all meat products in the USA are so cheap and why the UK will have some tough decisions in the post-Brext era balancing trade agreements between itself and the USA and EU.

This industrialisation is why they don't stuff around with the risk of boar taint and castrate all males in tlhe industrial system., thus also removing the riske of nandrolone positives This leaves a tiny percentage of boutique providers who may do things differently.

I will also be interested to see what investigation the AIU did, if any, into the food van and its source of offal. Vendors wil be able to say where they bought their meat, and most suppliers should be able to say where their meat comes from and thus whether it comes from the industrial, castration-based process or some alternative process that might generate a nandrolone positive.

As always, things are always more complex than they seem, so I'm happy to be proven wrong by convincing evidence but not by vociferous assertions.
                              The entirety of the circumstances which would need to come together in a somewhat perfect way and in perfect time is what has me less able to believe what we are being told in addition to the lawyerly speech of the athlete and coach.

Aside from that, there appears to be no attempt to duplicate the situation which, if the truck was as close to and familiar to the athlete as it seems to be, why the situation does not appear to have been attempted to be duplicated.

Comment

Finally, the TRUTH!!
                                As I said yesterday, Nike and the BTC did a magnificent job of getting their side of the story out first creating a "burrito causes positive test" headline without very many going into the details of the situation or hearing the other side of the situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X