Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forgot about this...

A prominent exception, however, is the German Dieter Baumann, who won gold in the 5,000-meters at the 1992 Olympics, and was busted for nandrolone seven years later, receiving a two-year ban. (Baumann denied any wrongdoing and would eventually claim that someone had spiked his toothpaste.)

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

It wouldn't be hard for her to remember the last thing she bought from that food truck, and whether it was morning, noon or night. Especially if she repeatedly buys the same thing. Then when looking through credit card transactions or a bank statement, it would show the date. Put it all together to reconstruct the fact that she ate XYZ from the truck on a specific night.

Similarly, when I look through credit card statements and see a restaurant charge, it jogs my memory into recalling what I ate there, and whether it was breakfast, lunch or dinner. Combine that with the transaction date and I'll know what I ate for dinner or lunch on that day.
      Remembering what she ate is not the issue. Having concrete proof is. She could say she orders the same thing every time, everyday at the same truck. Unless you have a record of that exact food you ate, why would CAS/WADA believe her? This could have been the one day she chose pig over chicken.

And thats actually kind of what she is doing. She literally said she took a polygraph test essentially "proving" that she's not lying.

Comment

• Originally posted by TWalsh

But Jeffrey Toobin and the leftist crew at CNN would be perfectly fine! Ha! Nice try!
        she gets her lame ass excuses straight from the busted dopers handbook then goes to fart news with grievances...yeah, great PR move.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

Remembering what she ate is not the issue. Having concrete proof is. She could say she orders the same thing every time, everyday at the same truck. Unless you have a record of that exact food you ate, why would CAS/WADA believe her? This could have been the one day she chose pig over chicken.

And thats actually kind of what she is doing. She literally said she took a polygraph test essentially "proving" that she's not lying.
          Add to that the revelation, first reported by Letsrun, that Houlihan apparently ordered a (beef) carne asada burrito from the food truck, but suspects that she was given something else. Greene told Letsrun that Houlihan recalled her burrito as being “very, very greasy,” but that a private investigator who went to the same food truck had found that the carne asada burrito was “extremely dry,” which led Houlihan’s defense team to conclude that they “didn’t know what she was given” on that fateful night. With that element of uncertainty, it becomes more difficult for Houlihan to prove her innocence, which seems to have been critical. In today’s press release explaining its decision not to exonerate Houlihan, CAS stated that she had “had failed, on the balance of probability, to establish the source of the prohibited substance.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Yeah I'm sure that will do it....anyways what protesters....good luck trying to protest anywhere around Hayward.
            The protesters out to make this situation right!!!!!

They don't exist by the way.

Comment

I forgot about this...

A prominent exception, however, is the German Dieter Baumann, who won gold in the 5,000-meters at the 1992 Olympics, and was busted for nandrolone seven years later, receiving a two-year ban. (Baumann denied any wrongdoing and would eventually claim that someone had spiked his toothpaste.)
              Victor Conte posted or has posted that the nandrolone could have come as a residual product in conjunction with something else she was taking. That is, of course, all speculation.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

Having concrete proof that what she ate caused the issue or perhaps even down to "could have" caused the issue. I haven't seen any claim by Houlihan's team that they re-enacted the scenario at all and, if so, got a similar result.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Having concrete proof that what she ate caused the issue or perhaps even down to "could have" caused the issue. I haven't seen any claim by Houlihan's team that they re-enacted the scenario at all and, if so, got a similar result.
                  This is the missing piece. How often did they try to re-enact what happened? Because "could have" might have been enough to save her season or get a much lighter sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

Probably only CAS, if they let her refile with supporting physical evidence, i.e. lab-tested meat from the food truck or the food truck's supplier.
                    CAS are not going to allow lab test results taken from testing today's pork from the food truck, 6 months after the event, because if you had a compliant and sympathetic food truck owner, it would be very easy to plant nandrolone contaminated meat on to the food truck.

Comment

• some decent analysis in the lead post in this letsrun thread

https://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_r...hread=10647908

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

CAS are not going to allow lab test results taken from testing today's pork from the food truck, 6 months after the event, because if you had a compliant and sympathetic food truck owner, it would be very easy to plant nandrolone contaminated meat on to the food truck.
                        Yeah that boat has sailed...

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

The protesters out to make this situation right!!!!!

They don't exist by the way.
                          That's good to hear...crazy enough in town.

Comment

Who could overturn it at this point?
                            as I understand the "chain of command" a CAS decision can only be overturned by a Swiss Federal Court (where Nathan Leeper just lost)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

The truck owner would have to be stocking the nandrolone-tainted meat to sell it to every customer, to ensure that when an unnamed anonymous investigator shows up on a random day to buy a burrito (without revealing their role or identity), they'd get some tainted meat.

But if that is the concern, take the investigation to the supplier. Get samples from them and find out their farming practices, like what was done in the clenbuterol case with soccer players.
                              Last edited by 18.99s; 06-16-2021, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• What aaronk is doing is essentially accusing USADA, WADA and CAS of deliberately and jointly conspiring in contaminating the process against Ms. Houlihan, a good clean cut All American young female athlete would never in one's wildest imagination take ingest nandrolone.

And of course we never see aaronk making the same accusations in support of Russians, Kenyans etc who have been found to have taken some form of PED, because of course, in aaronk's mindset, they are guilty as sin.

And maybe, just maybe, Ms. Houlihan's ingestion of nandrolone was innocent. And aaronk's expressed diselief is perhaps understandable. However, the reality is that nandrolone was found in her body, unless you subscribe to aaronk's conspiracy arguments, and therefore she was rightly and properly found guilty because she was unable to provide any evidence to support her innocence.

Comment

Working...
                                X