Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Risky? It would be horrendous...basically drug testing is gone....it would be the wild west again.
    hyperbole alert!

recall the world didn't end when the Butch Reynolds action actually even changed the timetable at New Orleans in '92

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

If the ban is upheld, she's probably retiring so 2025 doesn't matter to her current decision making.
      Why would she retire when she'll be just 32 in 2025? Jenny Simpson won a silver medal when she was 30, made a US team at 32 and is turning 35 this year with a real chance to make another Olympic team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

Why would she retire when she'll be just 32 in 2025? Jenny Simpson won a silver medal when she was 30, made a US team at 32 and is turning 35 this year with a real chance to make another Olympic team.
        regardless of age, plenty of people have come back well from 2-year bans; has anybody ever done so after 4 years on the sidelines?

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

regardless of age, plenty of people have come back well from 2-year bans; has anybody ever done so after 4 years on the sidelines?
          Gatlin was Olympic and World Champion before his ban and has had an even greater career since.

Also Chioma Ajunwa from Nigeria as well

Comment

uhhh...Justin Gatlin, right?

Comment

Gatlin was Olympic and World Champion before his ban and has had an even greater career since.
              🙄

Comment

hyperbole alert!

recall the world didn't end when the Butch Reynolds action actually even changed the timetable at New Orleans in '92
                Yes I remember..I saw that race.... he was on his own as I recall....

Not sure there was all that much faith in the system back then. Especially after the 80s when it was basically non existant. He also didn't have a huge media backing him. Cliff Temple in the London Times wrote an article laying out the case Reynolds got screwed.

When he and Randy Barnes were announced as positive Chris Berman on ESPN roared....'Track now there's a dirty sport!'

Somehow Houlihan getting in because of some dubious public outcry sounds onerous. And a US court ignoring CAS? This seems much different....
                Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-17-2021, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Houlihan? She has been declared before this news broke
                  a second "unimpeachable" source has confirmed to me that she was earlier today listed as scratched.

this change indeed suggests impending legal action, methinks (just what the sport doesn't need)

Comment

• Where/from whom do you acquire nandrolone? Over the course of two years? These training groups seem to be quite chummy, that's a lot of hiding.

Comment

a second "unimpeachable" source has confirmed to me that she was earlier today listed as scratched.

this change indeed suggests impending legal action, methinks (just what the sport doesn't need)
                      Would any judge overturn a decision made in arbitration, which the CAS decision is? A judge may look into the fairness of the process. I think the process was fair, since the decision was based on evidence that was available to the arbiter(s).

Comment

• This "So long as the rules work for me" shit is obviously unfortunately familiar....can't expect honor from someone who cheats in the first place I guess

Comment

IMO this is going to be a really bad look for the trials if she runs, especially with this sympathy campaign her team pushed the past 2 days. Add to that we have McNeal in the 100mH currently in limbo.

This is also setting a strange precedent no? Kind of like everyone started running under protest after a false start.
                          Last edited by ATK; 06-17-2021, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
                            Up until today was Shelby Houlihan considered a threat to medal in Tokyo? I notice she is not among the top 10 Americans in either the 1500 or mile this year.
                            Yes, since she was notified in early January about the December test... think about it for a second

Comment

• I think World Athletics would take a dim view of a government interfering with doping processes. Judicial decisions are a part of government. Also, does the United States have laws against doping?

If the US judiciary overturns CAS decisions, would World Athletics and the IOC ban the United States from competing since it would be seen as a nation not taking doping seriously? Perhaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by ralmcg View Post
                                I think World Athletics would take a dim view of a government interfering with doping processes.....
                                Any U.S. judge who weighs in on this case will never have even heard of World Athletics or give a rat's ass about what their view might be. That's not how the legal system works.

(this free-of-bias commentary by me should in no way be construed to express any personal/T&FN feelings about the merits of the case. Just nothing-but-the-facts-man dispassionate reporting)

Comment

Working...
                                X