Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's going on with Shelby Houlihan? [can run in OT... back out]

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post
    She already was taken off, then deliberately put back in.
    Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post
    This just in from USATF:
    “Given there is an active appeal process, USATF will allow any athletes to continue competing until the process is completed.”
    Stay tuned for T&F's most popular soap opera, "As the Burrito Turns" .

    Comment


    • If she hasn't been racing since January, isn't she going to be in crap racing shape anyways?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Atticus View Post



        Stay tuned for T&F's most popular soap opera, "As the Burrito Turns" .
        That's funny.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Fortius19 View Post
          If she hasn't been racing since January, isn't she going to be in crap racing shape anyways?
          "Crap racing shape" for Houlihan is still probably good enough for her to finish top 3 in the final.

          Comment


          • Right now Christian Coleman is sitting at home thinking, "Wait a sec. You can get suspended and STILL compete in the Olympic Trials? Why was I not informed of this?"

            Comment


            • This has been educational, ninety years later, to discover the source of my modest athletic prowess. Back on the farm, we butchered a fat hog every fall. I am pretty sure those hogs were not castrated.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Fortius19 View Post
                If she hasn't been racing since January, isn't she going to be in crap racing shape anyways?
                Letsrun was all agog at a 3:57 1500 time trial she supposedly ran in Phoenix just a couple of weeks ago.

                Comment


                • Shelby Houlihan allowed to race at Olympic Trials if she’s appealing ban (yahoo.com)

                  “Given there is an active appeal process, USATF will allow any athletes to continue competing until the process is completed,” managing director of communications Susan Hazzard said.

                  Comment


                  • "The results are against me, so they must be wrong!"

                    Sounds familiar

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                      Shelby Houlihan allowed to race at Olympic Trials if she’s appealing ban (yahoo.com)

                      “Given there is an active appeal process, USATF will allow any athletes to continue competing until the process is completed,” managing director of communications Susan Hazzard said.
                      So is she appealing to the Swiss court or some local Oregon court? And if the Oregon court, that means anyone can just appeal any decided case to any relevant court and that gives them free reign to just run, or does it have to be a specific court?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ATK View Post

                        So is she appealing to the Swiss court or some local Oregon court?

                        Swiss court. Highly unlikely to succeed but she bought time(if she makes the team)

                        There are no strings on me

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by guru View Post


                          Swiss court. Highly unlikely to succeed but she bought time(if she makes the team)
                          Just clarifying, is that confirmed? That yahoo article only alluded to that without actually confirming she is appealing to the Swiss court saying:

                          "Typically, when athletes lose cases at CAS, which is based in Switzerland, they appeal to that country’s highest court. In time-sensitive cases, that court can issue an injunction that would allow an athlete to participate while a case is decided."

                          Comment


                          • Unless there was some procedural error by CAS the Swiss Federal Tribunal isnt going to intervene in the judgement.
                            There are no strings on me

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                              This has been educational, ninety years later, to discover the source of my modest athletic prowess. Back on the farm, we butchered a fat hog every fall. I am pretty sure those hogs were not castrated.
                              And after all of that work from last week assessing where you stacked up against former Decathletes. Only to learn that you were pork-doping.........

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by guru View Post
                                Unless there was some procedural error by CAS the Swiss Federal Tribunal isnt going to intervene in the judgement.
                                Yes...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X