Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll admit that I have not fully made up my mind one way or the other, although her defense seems to look a little shakier every day. To me it now seems that even if she was done in by a burrito or even some other inadvertent ingestion that she is unaware of, she can't prove it and therefore there's no reasonable path to a successful appeal.

I will say that it is an absolute disgrace if she is allowed to compete unless the CAS decision gets overturned before the first race. She's banned for doping right now, she doesn't get to be a part of our sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post

How about if you eat at an authentic Taco Bell??
      I did not so long ago. They have only just recently opened up in NZ.
      I made sure I avoided carne asada, pork burrito, and pork offal
      Just in case WADA turned up at the NZ Masters Champs
      Never mind my statins, diltiazem, prednisone, dabigatran, salbutamol

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Or more lies from BTC...
        Burrito
        Truck
        Club
        ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

prednisonel
          smh straight up roids

actually though, would an athlete have to get a TUE or what if they were prescribed prednisone

Comment

• Apart from all the drug hoohaa, I just checked the schedule for her events, and the FINALS for the 1500 and 5000 are 34 minutes apart!!
            How can she--or ANYone!--run two FINALS in 34 minutes, and expect to make the team in both?
            Again, leaving aside the drug shit, a big question might be will she (or any other would-be doubler) scratch from one or the other before the finals?

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post
              Apart from all the drug hoohaa, I just checked the schedule for her events, and the FINALS for the 1500 and 5000 are 34 minutes apart!!
              How can she--or ANYone!--run two FINALS in 34 minutes, and expect to make the team in both?
              Again, leaving aside the drug shit, a big question might be will she (or any other would-be doubler) scratch from one or the other before the finals?
              Many of the 1500m runners are entered in both and have noted its a back up just incase something tragic happens. Jenny Simpson in her OT pre interview said she will only run the 5000m if she trips and falls in the 1st round of the 1500m.

Comment

• UPDATE!!! -- Houlihan is OUT!!! And that's final. (Unless it gets reversed again.)

The US Olympic Committee just overruled USATF.

Comment

• Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post
                  UPDATE!!! -- Houlihan is OUT!!! And that's final. (Unless it gets reversed again.)

The right call. Do you have a link to that?
                  Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-18-2021, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• Here's the article about the US Olympic Committee overruling USATF. (Who should have never agreed to let Houlihan run in the first place.)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...se/7739717002/
                    Last edited by RunningInCircles; 06-18-2021, 12:17 AM.

Comment

UPDATE!!! -- Houlihan is OUT!!! And that's final. (Unless it gets reversed again.)

Thank you, good news....
                      Innocent athletes just trying to make the team don't deserve this ridiculous distraction.

Comment

The only appropriate decision, regardless of any possible future rulings. There's no room for dopers so if you fail a test and want to cry foul you'd better be able to prove otherwise before you get to compete again. Yeah it really sucks if she is somehow innocent and is able to convince the relevant authorities between this meet and Tokyo but it would be a mockery of the sport if she was allowed in

Comment

Hallelujah! Justice and common sense have won the day!

AIU's statement at https://twitter.com/aiu_athletics/st...65231825739776

Comment

• Originally posted by americantrackfan View Post

smh straight up roids

actually though, would an athlete have to get a TUE or what if they were prescribed prednisone
                            Definitely need a TUE if you are an elite athlete and were prescribed prednisone.

For me? Who knows? Who cares? Maybe it will help me get the shot over the 13m mark.

Comment

• Why do I have a feeling this isn’t the final act
                              There are no strings on me

Comment

• So not to be totally off topic, but Brianna McNeal is entered in the 100mh despite recent news that she is banned for 5 years....no one seems to care? Like athletes are publicly advocating against Houlihan but they don't even know about McNeal?

Comment

Working...
                                X