Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's going on with Shelby Houlihan? [can run in OT... back out]

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by guru View Post
    Why do I have a feeling this isn’t the final act
    because Eugene is a very small hamlet?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by americantrackfan View Post
      So not to be totally off topic, but Brianna McNeal is entered in the 100mh despite recent news that she is banned for 5 years....no one seems to care? Like athletes are publicly advocating against Houlihan but they don't even know about McNeal?
      McNeal's case with CAS is still open; CAS closed the books on Houli

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gh View Post

        because Eugene is a very small hamlet?
        To be in or not to be in ....that is the question...

        Hopefully it ends here...
        Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-18-2021, 12:35 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gh View Post

          McNeal's case with CAS is still open; CAS closed the books on Houli
          But isn't McNeal banned until otherwise stated given she has apparently committed some type of violation?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by beebee View Post

            Thank you, good news....
            Innocent athletes just trying to make the team don't deserve this ridiculous distraction.
            While it is the right decision Beebee, because the stupidity of USTAF was putting at risk the ability (right) of all US athletes to compete in Tokyo;

            What the hell are we going to gossip and speculate about now?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by americantrackfan View Post
              So not to be totally off topic, but Brianna McNeal is entered in the 100mh despite recent news that she is banned for 5 years....no one seems to care? Like athletes are publicly advocating against Houlihan but they don't even know about McNeal?
              Yes, but McNeal is only almost-banned. Which is less bad than really-banned, which is the situation Houlihan finds herself in.

              McNeal is still waiting a final decision from CAS. Houlihan already had her final decision from CAS, which USATF for some strange reason decided to ignore.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

                While it is the right decision Beebee, because the stupidity of USTAF was putting at risk the ability (right) of all US athletes to compete in Tokyo;

                What the hell are we going to gossip and speculate about now?
                I'm not sure. But at least I learned a lot about food trucks, offal, and boar meat this week. And how food truck guys can pull a David Copperfield magic trick and switch the meat in your burrito right in front of you without you even noticing. You can't put a price on a valuable lesson like that!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

                  While it is the right decision Beebee, because the stupidity of USTAF was putting at risk the ability (right) of all US athletes to compete in Tokyo;

                  What the hell are we going to gossip and speculate about now?
                  Well Tuarki I want to go back to being yelled at by Jamaican fans like Pigdog for being too pro-American πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by americantrackfan View Post
                    So not to be totally off topic, but Brianna McNeal is entered in the 100mh despite recent news that she is banned for 5 years....no one seems to care? Like athletes are publicly advocating against Houlihan but they don't even know about McNeal?
                    https://forum.trackandfieldnews.com/...d-gets-5-years

                    Her case has been discussed here. As others have just noted, its drastically different than Houlihan, though still strange

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post

                      "Crap racing shape" for Houlihan is still probably good enough for her to finish top 3 in the final.
                      Good point.


                      Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Letsrun was all agog at a 3:57 1500 time trial she supposedly ran in Phoenix just a couple of weeks ago.
                      I hadn't heard that. Thanks.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ATK View Post

                        Her case has been discussed here.
                        Just not with the same emotion

                        Comment


                        • An extremely sad day for all that's good and decent and humane in our sport!
                          A tragedy!
                          Right now, I don't give a shit who makes the team in the Women's 1500 and 5000!
                          Without the American Record holder in the races, whoever makes the team will have won false and undeserved applause!
                          This WILL end happily for Shelby, mark my words!

                          I hope we go medal-LESS in Shelby's events!
                          The US Olympic Committee will get what they deserve!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                            Just not with the same emotion
                            Well you didnt see her coach (Boogie Johnson) or her training partners (D. Muhammad, Queen Claye, Kristi Castlin) all making coordinated social media posts defending her or going on TV news bashing the entire system.

                            And thinking about it, she's a former world and reining Olympic champion, while Shelby has...nothing? Making Abrahamson's article even more noteworthy...
                            Last edited by ATK; 06-18-2021, 01:02 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                              An extremely sad day for all that's good and decent and humane in our sport!
                              A tragedy!
                              Right now, I don't give a shit who makes the team in the Women's 1500 and 5000!
                              Without the American Record holder in the races, whoever makes the team will have won false and undeserved applause!
                              This WILL end happily for Shelby, mark my words!

                              I hope we go medal-LESS in Shelby's events!
                              The US Olympic Committee will get what they deserve!!
                              Why take it out on the OTHER athletes. They do not deserve your condemnation. I teach my kids to treat others as you would like to be treated. I understand your passion and anger but wishing ill of the other competitors is not the way.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

                                While it is the right decision Beebee, because the stupidity of USTAF was putting at risk the ability (right) of all US athletes to compete in Tokyo;

                                ...
                                surely you can't believe that?!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X