Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    By the way, I've never got caught up in the Super Bowl commercial hoopla.
    There have been some excellent ones, but one tires quickly after the fifth reshowing in the next few days. Not to mention the fiftieth in a week . . .
    I rarely watch ANYTHING live - there's just too much time devoted to brain-dead commercials.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
      Gotta admit, living alone for the last 40 years I have watched a lot of TV. I don't pay much attention to commercials, that is when you go to the bathroom or kitchen.
      I don't know anyone who "watches" commercials except for the folks here who admit to watching Super Bowl commercials. I've never turned on the TV in my entire life with the intention of watching commercials, even for the Super Bowl. It's just that every now and then comes along a commercial that grabs your attention and prevents you from zoning out. It's been a long time sense I've seen a commercial that stayed with me, so perhaps it's easier to come with such commercials for older folks than younger folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        There have been some excellent ones, but one tires quickly after the fifth reshowing in the next few days. Not to mention the fiftieth in a week . . .
        I rarely watch ANYTHING live - there's just too much time devoted to brain-dead commercials.
        What about sports? Did you watch any football live this weekend? Did you watch any of the Olympics or Olympic Trials live?

Comment

What about sports? Did you watch any football live this weekend? Did you watch any of the Olympics or Olympic Trials live?
          As you may remember jazz I was at the Trials at Hayward you were sitting above us.... I think I saw the Olympics on Peacock ....I didn't watch any of the first week and saw replays of the track races.

I watched the football yesterday with the sound off. Would look up when something exciting happened.

Comment

Tivo and DVR's don't spare you from commercials when you're watching live TV . . .
            Why would I watch live TV? There is no need and I'd be forced to see (or ignore) commercials. Life is too short . . .

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
            On broadcast TV - never, not even the Super Bowl. Again, what's the advantage? The huge disadvantage is I'd have to watch commercials. I can wait a few minutes to create a commercial-free buffer I can fast-forward through.

And on a related thought, the only reason I've watched the Super Bowl since the mid-oughts is for the party & commercials; these days it's the only football game I watch every year.

Last edited by bad hammy; 09-06-2021, 05:04 AM.

Comment

I don't know anyone who "watches" commercials except for the folks here who admit to watching Super Bowl commercials. I've never turned on the TV in my entire life with the intention of watching commercials, even for the Super Bowl. It's just that every now and then comes along a commercial that grabs your attention and prevents you from zoning out. It's been a long time sense I've seen a commercial that stayed with me, so perhaps it's easier to come with such commercials for older folks than younger folks.
              I can think of commercials from long ago well.

I think the Super Bowl commercials are idiotic for the most part. I definitely watch the Super Bowl for the game. I like pro football.

Comment

• There are only a couple TV commercials that really bug me. Many are quite clever and have great production values. I'm just not as highbrow as many of you seem to be.

Comment

• A former poster on this board ended his posts with "but I did stay in Holiday Inn Express last night" multiple times. I guess many people here didn't get it. ( I believe he is now on his "permanent vacation.") Now I actually feel sorry for the guy (even though he personally attacked me) because I think he was desperately seeking for attention.

BTW, I rarely watch live TV for the reason other people mentioned here. But I guess I still watch enough of it to recognize AT&T's Lilly, 76 yr old "Rick" who used to run marathons, or Frank Thomas' testo boost.

Comment

• Commercials can be tiresome but ya gotta remember, they make possible all the "free" entertainment/sports/etc we do enjoy.

Comment

• Time for Shelby Houlihan to come clean | 3 Wire Sports

Two things ought to happen now that the Court of Arbitration for Sport has issued a technically detailed but, in the end, common-sense ruling in the matter of Shelby Houlihan, the American distance runner, banning her for four years for nandrolone — through January 2025 — while thoroughly rejecting the ridiculous burrito defense.

Comment

• That was posted here 3 days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                          That was posted here 3 days ago.
                          It was a wanker's article then and three days later it still, at best, should come with a warning label.

No one comes clean in this world. If they did we'd never get any work done for the billions of confessions.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                            Commercials can be tiresome but ya gotta remember, they make possible all the "free" entertainment/sports/etc we do enjoy.
                            Now that the Oly Games are over we finally pulled the plug on cable/satellite service. Haven't used the service in four or five months but kept it in case it was required to access NBCs online T&F coverage (which it was for the US-only Oly Trials but not for the Oly Games, which I watched on CBC.)

That means DVR/Tivos are a thing of the past too. Fortunately everything of interest to me has a commercial-free streaming options, although I note a few of those (Paramount+ & Peacock, for two) occasionally throw in one commercial up front anyways. Sure is nice to hear "we'll be right back after this commercial break" immediately followed by "welcome back" when watching my my favorite late-night dudes the next day.

Last edited by bad hammy; 09-05-2021, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                              I've read that nandrolone is NOT the drug distance runners--especially female distance runners--would use for performance enhancement.
                              If she were a Shot Putter, maybe!
                              How is that not seen as supportive of her being innocent--at least of taking the drug for PE reasons??
                              Not to mention there were no important upcoming races for her,!!
                              7EvOC7H.jpg
                              It's not like Kenyan's aren't known for distance running.

https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/defau...t_on_kenya.pdf

Comment

• trying to reason and point out the truth to aaronk has become similar to trying to reason and point out the truth to my relatives who are anti vaxxers and covid deniers....futile!!

Comment

Working...
                                X