Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Alabama has fired the latest shot in the college football arms race with the announcement of a new NIL building called The Advantage Center.

Alabama's NIL Hub Is The Future Of Silly College Football Spending | Defector

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    Gymnast Olivia Dunne opens up about her rapid rise to fame | Watch (msn.com)

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    The Dunne drama and seeing the Florida Gators recruit NIL thing fall apart ($13 million!!) makes me wonder: I don't see how this ends well for the NCAA.

It's problematic enough (we have decades of proof) when young men in their 20s all the sudden have absurd wealth, now teenagers and very-early 20-something people?

😬
    You mean, like Kobe, T-Mac, Lebron and Giannis? Or are you talking about all the baseball players who were drafted right out of high school?

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    The Dunne drama and seeing the Florida Gators recruit NIL thing fall apart ($13 million!!) makes me wonder: I don't see how this ends well for the NCAA.

It's problematic enough (we have decades of proof) when young men in their 20s all the sudden have absurd wealth, now teenagers and very-early 20-something people?

😬

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

The closest equivalent I can remember is Anna Kournikova about 20 years ago at Wimbledon. Over the years it has been quite common to hear yoingish female voices call out "come on ______" to a male player they had a thing for. When Kournikova played you would hear plenty of youngish male voices calling out "come on Anna". However it was a long way from this kind of hysteria.
    That's because people at The All England Club are polite, compared to those at Melborne Park, Roland Garros and Flushing Meadows.

Find Tennis Australia Kournikova Fans stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images. Select from premium Tennis Australia Kournikova Fans of the highest quality.

Find Anna Kournikova 2001 Tennis stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images. Select from premium Anna Kournikova 2001 Tennis of the highest quality.

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post

this is not a topic open for discussion

(and you can count your "absurd behavior" comment as another strike)
    Golly, lol.

Okay. 👍
    Last edited by scottmitchell74; 01-15-2023, 01:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

There have always been female groupies who scream and holler at male celebrities, but I had never seen groupies when the genders were reversed.
    The closest equivalent I can remember is Anna Kournikova about 20 years ago at Wimbledon. Over the years it has been quite common to hear yoingish female voices call out "come on ______" to a male player they had a thing for. When Kournikova played you would hear plenty of youngish male voices calling out "come on Anna". However it was a long way from this kind of hysteria.

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    This whole thing is a marvel to watch unfold. So much self-inflicted drama and "trouble."

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    There have always been female groupies who scream and holler at male celebrities, but I had never seen groupies when the genders were reversed.

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    I had never heard of a "thirst trap" before. Makes me feel old.

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    But what are those boys expecting at a gymnastics competition?

I am glad we don't have creepy Alica Schmidt fanboys screaming at track meets.

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Creepy and maybe not right, but hardly unexpected. Just take a look at her Instagram page.

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    The latest on Olivia Dunne.

LSU beefs up security at gymnastics meets after incident with Olivia Dunne fans

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lsu-bee...173309930.html

There will be a new protocol in place at upcoming LSU gymnastics meets. The university will enhance security to curtail disruptive fans from impacting student athletes.

The new measures will be implemented following an incident involving junior all-round gymnast Olivia Dunne last Friday. A group of young men attended LSU’s season opener against the University of Utah in Salt Lake City and disrupted routines of other gymnasts.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

If you'll indulge me: why are they a sacred cow?

I'm fully aware this is your site but I'm genuinely curious why the absurd behavior of a particular group isn't fair game.
    this is not a topic open for discussion

(and you can count your "absurd behavior" comment as another strike)

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied

If you'll indulge me: why are they a sacred cow?

I'm fully aware this is your site but I'm genuinely curious why the absurd behavior of a particular group isn't fair game.
    Feminist is defined as the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of equality of the sexes.

This means that feminists make up such a large proportion of the population that blanket generalisations are misguided.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X