Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

positive weed test for Richardson (split)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financially she may indeed be better off for it in the long run. If she went to Tokyo and won less than gold in the individual 100m, she would remain unnoticed by mainstream media and wouldn't attract many (if any) more sponsors.

Comment

• Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post

And we would have never seen this and no one would have given a dog dodoo if not for the Richardson case.
      And the folks on cable news hyping Richardson still won't hear about this weighlifter.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

By the way, I would like to see some stats on how common are missed tests. Is it rare or is it a common thing that all athletes get tripped up on from time to time?
        I know after Christine Ohurougu was suspended in 2006 for 3 whereabouts failures that it was reported that there were some other British t&f athletes at that time who'd had 2 failures.

I do wonder if some athletes who are not very organised get 1 and then decide they had betters start being more organised.

Comment

• Headline - Science Doesn’t Support Idea That Marijuana Aids Athletes’ Performance

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/09/s...enhancing.html

I assume this is behind the NY Times paywall.

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
            Headline - Science Doesn’t Support Idea That Marijuana Aids Athletes’ Performance

But does it aid in recovery, and should that matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
              Headline - Science Doesn’t Support Idea That Marijuana Aids Athletes’ Performance

The article completely fails to mention that there is a high threshold to flunk the test. It is 10 times the level, 15 ng/mL, it once was. Athletes can use marijuana but can't be bonked out just before a test. The ignorance on this topic never ceases to amaze.

Comment

• Originally posted by KDFINE View Post

But does it aid in recovery, and should that matter?
                Also, performance is a very general term. I'm sure it does not enhance speed, strength, endurance, etc. But it can according to strain and other athletes calm nerves, help focus, mask pain, etc. and as such help performance for some athletes, as WADA noted and considered in its banning.

Furthermore, WADA is not banning it just on the idea of enhancing speed, strength, endurance, but sports integrity and other moral issues. People focused on only one aspect of performance and not on any other issues are missing a whole lot.
                Last edited by proofs in the pudd'in; 07-11-2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

The article completely fails to mention that there is a high threshold to flunk the test. It is 10 times the level, 15 ng/mL, it once was. Athletes can use marijuana but can't be bonked out just before a test. The ignorance on this topic never ceases to amaze.
                  Sometimes I wonder if it is intentional - focus on that which is most controversial and which will cause the most heated debates and disagreements that can then be utilized for political leverage with the public.

Comment

There's nobody so ignorant as those who have the sum of human knowledge easily searchable on the same instrument they use to parade their ignorance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

I know after Christine Ohurougu was suspended in 2006 for 3 whereabouts failures that it was reported that there were some other British t&f athletes at that time who'd had 2 failures.

I do wonder if some athletes who are not very organised get 1 and then decide they had betters start being more organised.
                      If I were an athlete, I would never want to get to two, because shit happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Toro View Post

There's nobody so ignorant as those who have the sum of human knowledge easily searchable on the same instrument they use to parade their ignorance.
                        Especially when it upsets your narrative.

Comment

• Never heard of him before, but Anthony Mackie is just another uninformed irrelevancy.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/359632-ant...rri-richardson

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                            Never heard of him before, but Anthony Mackie is just another uninformed irrelevancy.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/359632-ant...rri-richardson
                            Perfectly put.

Amazing how many celebrities miraculously become polymaths.
                            You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Especially when it upsets your narrative.
                              And just like that, you two have identified the biggest problem we face today. Access to so much information, but concerned only with that which supports our own biases. Drop them mikes, my friends, and take a well deserved bow.

Comment

• Victor Conte weighs in on Richardson

https://sports.yahoo.com/sha-carri-r...095505277.html
                                There are no strings on me

Comment

Working...
                                X