Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

positive weed test for Richardson (split)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kav View Post
    I find it incredible that during this long debate no one has said the obvious. The ban applies to all sports and in that regard it is appropriate. Without going into the details of how it impacts each discipline, imagine the harm caused by someone high off marijuana who’s participating in shooting or fencing, biathlon, skiing?

The restrictions are not archaic relic of the past but there for the benefit of all participants. Until the rules are changed they should be applied and no exemptions for any athletes. People making excuses for rule breakers is laughable.
    You must go on a case by case basis, and making pointless comparisons like those you've listed, is why some drug bans are sport specific.

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/content/...ticular-sports

This clearly leaves the door open to make the case that marijuana should not be included in some places, and the decision to do so could be challenged.
    One of the reasons given in athletics is that it could "slow reaction times". What a weird line of thinking for a sprint.
    Last edited by 1.609; 07-19-2021, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Without going into the details of how it impacts each discipline, imagine the harm caused by someone high off marijuana who’s participating in shooting or fencing, biathlon, skiing?
      I'll buy that argument when they ban booze, anti-depressants and other drugs that might cause similar safety concerns in events. If it is only weed then that's just a bunch of old conservative white guys talking bullshit, not common sense.

Comment

I find it incredible that during this long debate no one has said the obvious. The ban applies to all sports and in that regard it is appropriate. Without going into the details of how it impacts each discipline, imagine the harm caused by someone high off marijuana who’s participating in shooting or fencing, biathlon, skiing?

The restrictions are not archaic relic of the past but there for the benefit of all participants. Until the rules are changed they should be applied and no exemptions for any athletes. People making excuses for rule breakers is laughable.
        Excellent points.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1.609 View Post

Unconstitutional and harsh are not mutually exclusive.
          I disagree. Unconstitutional laws can be lenient and constitutional laws can be extremely harsh. These two words are not synonyms.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
            I disagree. Unconstitutional laws can be lenient and constitutional laws can be extremely harsh. These two words are not synonymous.
            Amen!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
              I disagree. Unconstitutional laws can be lenient and constitutional laws can be extremely harsh. These two words are not synonyms.
              Are love and conflict synonyms? Do you stop loving your wife when you argue or fight?

Unconstitutional and harsh are not (necessarily/always) mutually exclusive. Neither are love and conflict. It doesn't usually rain on a totally clear day, but hey, what's a sun shower?
              Last edited by 1.609; 07-19-2021, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Australian Olympic equestrian rider out of the Games. Cocaine detected in his body.

Comment

• Rider positive - check. Do they perform any type of drug testing on the animals? Honestly curious on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                    Australian Olympic equestrian rider out of the Games. Cocaine detected in his body.
                    75t3.gif

83685072.jpg

Comment

• Oh, Hammy.......

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinR View Post
                        Rider positive - check. Do they perform any type of drug testing on the animals? Honestly curious on this.
                        Yes, horses are fully tested. There have been several DQs at the Olympics where the horse was found to have been treated with something on the banned list

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

Yes, horses are fully tested. There have been several DQs at the Olympics where the horse was found to have been treated with something on the banned list
                          Thanks, as I honestly did not know.

Comment

• Coe says cannabis rules should be revisited; story linked on home page

Comment

Working...
                            X