Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schigh View Post

Rashford is a good player and takes people on. He easily deserved more playing time in the tournament. McManaman was complaining the whole tournament that England wasn't playing attacking soccer. France was just as bad - you have the talent to dominate teams and you play not to lose? And a coach/manager who over thinks things, just makes the players uptight. Nobody knows what he believes, if anything, except his own self doubt. Did Southgate enjoy a single minute of the tournament? It's just like leadership in the work setting. Hire the right people and mostly just leave them the f____ alone. Prepare them, trust them, and then get out of the way and feel good about their performance.
    I can't disagree with that. Rushford is a good player and yet Southgate was scared to put him on....

Comment

Originally posted by schigh View Post
      Hire the right people and mostly just leave them the f____ alone. Prepare them, trust them, and then get out of the way and feel good about their performance.
      Gen Leslie Groves was the administrative leader of the Manhattan Project. He said basically the same thing. Make sure you hire the right people, and let them do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
        How this wasn't a straight red card...

It is more usual to swap shirts after the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
          How this wasn't a straight red card...

Why wasn't this a red card? That was my thought. Possibly because there were other defenders that were actually closer to the goal. The other defenders were not directly between Rashford and the goal, but slightly closer to it, and off to the center of the pitch. I wouldn't bet that if he'd hadn't been impeded the other defenders could have cut him off.
          Last edited by KDFINE; 07-12-2021, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KDFINE View Post

Why wasn't this a red card? That was my thought. Possibly because there were other defenders that were actually closer to the goal. The other defenders were not directly between Rashford and the goal, but slightly closer to it, and off to the center of the pitch. I wouldn't bet that if he'd hadn't been impeded the other defenders could have cut him off.
            For the record, that's Saka, not Rashford.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

For the record, that's Saka, not Rashford.
              Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Working...
              X