Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
    Didn't see anything but today's stage result, but it looks like a "normal" TDF stage, after a week of craziness. That's with two trips up Mont Ventoux looming tomorrow.
    Mark Cavendish one more win away from tying Merckx's 34 tour wins. One of the great comeback stories in Sport. Wasn't even picked by a team until 2 weeks before the tour, courtesy of an injury to a team mate, was considered over the hill. Great crier too.

Comment

Didn't see anything but today's stage result, but it looks like a "normal" TDF stage, after a week of craziness. That's with two trips up Mont Ventoux looming tomorrow.
      And the finish tomorrow actually descends Mont Ventoux which should be pretty crazy

Comment

I don't wish descending on wet pavement on any rider, but it sure makes for gripping television.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

Mark Cavendish one more win away from tying Merckx's 34 tour wins. One of the great comeback stories in Sport. Wasn't even picked by a team until 2 weeks before the tour, courtesy of an injury to a team mate, was considered over the hill. Great crier too.
          He signed with Deceuninck-Quick-Step back in December 2020. They added him to their TdF squad 2 weeks before the tour because Sam Bennett, their sprinter who won the green jersey last year, was out with injury, but he was with the team from before the start of the season.

Comment

Excellent stage today. Pogacar maybe a tiny chink in the armor? Or....probably not. Doesn't need to hammer every stage. Hard to picture him faltering in this Tour.

Comment

Excellent stage today. Pogacar maybe a tiny chink in the armor? Or....probably not. Doesn't need to hammer every stage. Hard to picture him faltering in this Tour.
              Wout Van Aert!!! Wow!! Sprinter, time trialist (second I last years WC), single day racer (high placings in several monuments and the WC road race), cyclocross multiple WC winner. What an amazing rider. One of several amazing riders. This is an excellent era of cycling we are in!

Comment

Finally a Yank wins one. Sep Kuss, the Durango Kid.First American win in 10 years. Not even a mention in my NY Times this morning.
                Last edited by jeremyp; 07-12-2021, 09:18 PM.

Comment

It appears that crybaby Mark Cavendish threw a hissy fit before stage 19 when, according to insiders, he was told in a team meeting that the team wouldn't ride for him that day and he would have to wait until the Champs Elysees to break Eddie Merckx record. 😭😭😭

https://www.velonews.com/events/tour...bike-incident/

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                    It appears that crybaby Mark Cavendish threw a hissy fit before stage 19 when, according to insiders, he was told in a team meeting that the team wouldn't ride for him that day and he would have to wait until the Champs Elysees to break Eddie Merckx record. 😭😭😭

https://www.velonews.com/events/tour...bike-incident/
                    It doesn't say that at all....

He got mad at the mechanic and then apologized....

Comment

Stupidity should be painful.
                      For the right people.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

It doesn't say that at all....

He got mad at the mechanic and then apologized....
                        I know it doesn't say that, but the talking heads on NBC Sports weren't buying it, they believed there was a backstory and he was venting his frustration and the mechanic was just collateral damage. If you watched that stage, you noticed that Quickstep never made any serious attempt to control the breakaway, and now the pressure will be on Cavendish to get it done in Paris.
                        Last edited by jazzcyclist; 07-18-2021, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

I know it doesn't say that, but the talking heads on NBC Sports weren't buying it, they believed there was a backstory and he was venting his frustration and the mechanic was just collateral damage. If you watched that stage, you noticed that Quickstep never made any serious attempt to control the breakaway, and now the pressure will be on Cavendish to get it done in Paris.
                          I know they didn't make a serious break.... okay Cavendish got mad... but let's pretend there is something more...

I wouldn't call him a crybaby which implies a sore loser....

I don't watch the NBC version I prefer the international one....which always shows Cavendish finishing in the mountain stages with his teammates...and you can tell he really appreciates his team.... smiles all around.
                          Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-18-2021, 04:45 PM.

Comment

After watching the Tour ride through the Louvre today, can there be any doubt that this sporting event takes place in the world's most spectacular stadium? 😎

Comment

I had the pleasure of watching the '92 Tour's finish on the Champs-Γ‰lysses

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
                                I wouldnt call that a drug, and the "PE" claim is also dubious.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31598781/
                                The best way people know if something works is by watching for performance improvements over time. It can only be anecdotal in the absence of conclusive large scale studies. If something is good enough, it catches on and others try it. Something that worked for me was taking potassium supplements. For the first 5 years that I competed in triathlon, I struggled with weight. Doctors looked at several possible factors and nothing explained a sudden gain of 40 pounds in one year that eventually took a year to reduce by 20 pounds, regardless of dozens of hours every week in a pool, running, and biking. Keto did take 30 pounds off in less than a month and my swim times went where they hadn't been since I was in my 30s. Then, a year later, after my 4th go at Keto, I was down around 205, and started potassium supplements. In the 9 months since, I've never had to watch what I eat, and am now at 196. So, nearing 61, I have dropped my half marathon best (from age 57) by 16 minutes, on a very up and down course with 150 meters elevation gain, at temperatures well over the ideal for that distance. The old best was on a completely flat popular race course in Toronto, in the fall.

This could well explain why:

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02600372
                                Last edited by 1.609; 07-18-2021, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X