Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve View Post
    Giro and Fausto Coppi?
    No, I don't think they had all 3 jerseys in the Giro when Coppi was riding. It was Tony Rominger who did it one year in the Vuelta a Espana

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post

The Tour dropped its lawsuit but she still faces two criminal charges.

Woman who caused infamous Tour pileup goes to trial on criminal charges Thursday.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/opi...b0rNmajsXFQdw4
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

No, I don't think they had all 3 jerseys in the Giro when Coppi was riding. It was Tony Rominger who did it one year in the Vuelta a Espana
        Doh! I knew that but for some reason my mind drew a blank. Wasn't it 1994?

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

The idea of the sprinter was not a thing until the 80s, I think, with Davis Phinney on 7/11.
          Actually there were a few before Phinney - Patrick Sercu in the early 60s rode in the peloton and was an Olympic sprint champion back in 1964. Rudi Altig - a German pursuiter originally became a prominent sprinter in the peloton.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

Actually there were a few before Phinney - Patrick Sercu in the early 60s rode in the peloton and was an Olympic sprint champion back in 1964. Rudi Altig - a German pursuiter originally became a prominent sprinter in the peloton.
            Sercu actually became best known as a pro cyclist for 6-day races. Go figure on that one.

Comment

Working...
            X