Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of folks are acting as if a vax means you're totally safe. Not even close for various reasons: legitimately, unvaccinated kids & the immunocompromised, plus age/luck/etc - but long term it is the anti-vax morons who are fucking things up. Don't care if you're vaccine-stupid or politically-stupid or, sadly, an innocent vaxxed bystander, covid has a lot of life left in it. Act accordingly . . .

Comment

The Vaccines make a huge difference...I'm not concerned much these days..I don't wear a mask if I don't have to....why anyone is unvaccinated is beyond me...

Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-20-2021, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Just heard a talking head say some big percentage of anti-vaxxers believe the vaccine implants a "microchip" in you. To what end, I do not know. Will someone explain to me how they squeeze a chip through that tiny syringe?

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
          Just heard a talking head say some big percentage of anti-vaxxers believe the vaccine implants a "microchip" in you. To what end, I do not know. Will someone explain to me how they squeeze a chip through that tiny syringe?
          What is the implication of the microchip? If it's to "control", snoop or know where you are at all times then they might as well throw away their mobile phones, smart watches, and any electronic smart devices that respond to "Siri", "Alexa" or "Google" in their car or home. P

Some people are so dumb.

Comment

The chip is micro! Dontcha know what micro means? 🤨

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
              The chip is micro! Dontcha know what micro means? 🤨
              I don't care how micro it is, if it ain't liquid it ain't going thru that tiny needle.

Comment

I think I heard one anti-vaxxer say it implants a Potato chip in you!

Comment

I don't care how micro it is, if it ain't liquid it ain't going thru that tiny needle.
                  Nanobots are machines whose components are at the nano-scale (one millionth of a millimetre)
                  That said, you're not getting a chip that can transmit much data into something that small.

Comment

Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                    If you think you have made the right decision, there is nothing to hide. You should wear the wristband, not just at a track meet but at every public place. I wish I could tell all the unvaccinated people from distance so that I would know which people to avoid in public.
                    But if you have been vaccinated, as I have, why are you concerned that someone else might be unvaccinated? As a hospital Chaplain, I have visited with over 100 COVID patients, sometimes spending significant time next to them in their room, and I have never been worried that I might get COVID.

Granted, I gown up, and would not do so in public, but being vaccinated gives me a layer of protection in and of itself.
                    Last edited by bobguild76; 07-20-2021, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobguild76 View Post

But if you have been vaccinated, as I have, why are you concerned that someone else might be unvaccinated? As a hospital Chaplain, I have visited with over 100 COVID patients, sometimes spending significant time next to them in their room, and I have never been worried that I might get COVID.

Granted, I gown up, and would not do so in public, but being vaccinated gives me a layer of protection in and of itself.
                      I'm not.... I consider it their problem at this point....unless I have to wear a mask which I find annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

I'm not.... I consider it their problem at this point....unless I have to wear a mask which I find annoying.
                        Same here. Well said.

BTW, TN1965, my initial post is not a dig at you. Yours was simply a well written explanation of what many people feel.

Comment

To address several questions up thread, the purpose of the wristbands is to determine who can unmask when not competing/warming up.

However, it looks like USATF caved to pressure and now it will just be a free for all of the honor system on unmasking. Way to go.

Comment

But if you have been vaccinated, as I have, why are you concerned that someone else might be unvaccinated?
                            Perhaps you're one of many people in the same situation as pvp - she's vaccinated but she has children living in her house who aren't eligible for the vaccine and doesn't want to bring it home to them.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                              Perhaps you're one of many people in the same situation as pvp - she's vaccinated but she has children living in her house who aren't eligible for the vaccine and doesn't want to bring it home to them.
                              People with children have to be careful....my neighbors across the street have a 2 and a 4 year old. The parents are vaccinated but they still are very wary...

Comment

My personal concern is for others! We live in a society which is much bigger than any of us. As others have said, younger children, who are vulnerable to the Delta variant of Covid-19, can come in contact with those who are infected and asymptomatic. My elderly parents have my sister and three caregivers who are in intimately close exposure to them every day.

I was raised to consider the welfare of others, and treat others with respect and compassion.

Given the vast anecdotal evidence we have seen over the last 18 months, the vaccines work remarkably well, masks work quite well, and those who refuse to take a vaccine remain incubators for further virus mutations, and remain an existential threat to the health of greater humanity. And the health of the economy.

Comment

Working...
                                X