Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gm
    replied
    I eat most of my meals out at restaurants. Breakfast and snacks are usually at home. I check the dates on yogurt when I buy it and only buy an amount that I know I will finish before the "best by" date.

Fruit is the problem. I refuse to eat fruit that makes me chase it around the kitchen. Blackberries can look great on the shelf, but in a couple days they sometimes take on that Chia Pet look, and that's when they go bye-bye.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    In my house I am the judger by sight and smell. It's how I grew up. If it looks ok it either gets eaten or stored. If it doesn't out it goes. I don't throw much out.

My wife is a label person. Her mother is a label person. I can show her the article and video(s) but remember that comment about the need to convince the anti-vaxxer's mother that the vaccine is ok? It is the same thing here and it isn't going to change.

Fortunately my daughter seems to have picked up my habits in storing and consuming foods.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    started a topic food waste (important)

food waste (important)

The lie of “expired” food and the disastrous truth of America’s food waste problem

Stop throwing your food away.

https://www.vox.com/22559293/food-wa...el-best-before
Working...
X