Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merner521 View Post

Attempting any field event at all would probably be more humbling. I'm thinking three attempts at shot put or discus.
    For the high jump and pole vault, you don't even need to go as far as having the average Joes attempt a jump. Just set the HJ bar at 7'10", or PV bar at 20 feet and let the Joes walk close to the pit and look up. The true height isn't fully perceived when sitting in the stands or watching on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
      By the way, what would be more mind-boggling to Joe Sixpack - demonstrating to him how fast 100m in 10.00 is or demonstrating to him how fast 10K in 27:00 is by asking him to try running that pace for 100m?
      10 K pace for 100m, or any distance, would be the real wake-up call.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Okay. WHat did the picture have to do with this? Is that supposed to be COVID-19 viruses?

By the way, what would be more mind-boggling to Joe Sixpack - demonstrating to him how fast 100m in 10.00 is or demonstrating to him how fast 10K in 27:00 is by asking him to try running that pace for 100m?
        Watch any big city marathon and invariably we see spectators trying to run along the sidewalk at the pace of the leaders. It lasts a city block.....maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
          I never noticed it before, but the swimmers often have very yellowed teeth, especially for young people. Looked it up and it's from 6+ hours a week in chlorinated water. Never knew!
          You obviously haven’t seen Caleb Dressel’s perfect coverboy smile!

Comment

Simone Biles injured, will not be in the team gymnastics final. No word yet on whether she'll be in any of the individual events later in the Games.

https://apnews.com/article/2020-toky...466c95c6307375

Comment

According to team officials not injured. Biles pulled out due to "mental issue"
              There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
                According to team officials not injured. Biles pulled out due to "mental issue"
                That may be the biggest news of the Games so far. Biles was over-hyped and that enormous pressure has to be let off somewhere (if that indeed that was the problem).

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  ... (if that indeed that was the problem).

She just confirmed it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...al/5383286001/

I'm not sure how she can show up for the all-around and her individual events after today. We'll see.

There are no strings on me

Comment

welcome to the wonderful world of anxiety attacks

Comment

Simone Biles said she withdrew from the women's team final because she wasn't in a good place mentally to compete after facing so much pressure to win.
                      From GOAT to goat...

Comment

You beat me to it. If the queen cracked and Naomi buckled (among other things), there's no telling how much more damage this year-long wait will do, especially when we get to the track. I hope Simone can get her head straight for Thursday.

Comment

That might be a bit harsh. Based on her vast successes, she is still accomplished. Performances are not binary.

Comment

It takes broad shoulders to wear a leotard with a goat on it in an Olympic year. Not every athlete can thrive when they're expected to live up to that sort of hype.

Pressure makes diamonds but it also bursts pipes.
                            Last edited by jazzcyclist; 07-27-2021, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

From GOAT to goat...
                              and you are full of shit!!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                                welcome to the wonderful world of anxiety attacks
                                Maybe the 'suck it up' crowd will start to get an inkling.

Comment

Working...
                                X