X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish there more like him around, today.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post

I don't remember Rooster's civilian name if I ever knew it. He was a small, outgoing, reddish-haired man who ran the finish line for 50 plus years. He was a Texas Relays official for, I think, 62 years and argued with the record keepers until his death because they would not give him credit for setting hurdles four years while he was in college. Rooster never met a stranger or forgot a name or face. I swear, he knew 300 Relays officials and their event. He owned a sporting goods store that did a lot of business with UT.
      William Edward Andrews

Call him that, he likely would have kicked you in the shins

Comment

I've given up on college football, so just enjoy the games, don't put much into it,

Ah......do wish they would cool these LSU a 50 point fav over Savannah State games.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
          Thanks, Bill Vol. I lived in Texas, have been a Texas track official for fifty years, and have never heard this story. The most famous Texas legend is waterboy Rooster Andrews kicking a field goal to beat Texas A&M. Rooster was a track official for more than 60 years. Everybody knew Rooster and he knew everybody. I never thought to ask him if the legend was true. It would have been like questioning the Bible in a seminary.
          Don't forget his younger brother, Bunny!

Comment

On the Dan Patrick show they were talking about soccer style relagation. 40 teams per level, moving up and down based on standing. I would love that.
            You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

That could be a scheduling nightmare, though. College football often commits to games outside of their conference, years in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
                On the Dan Patrick show they were talking about soccer style relagation. 40 teams per level, moving up and down based on standing. I would love that.
                The only sport in the US it might actually work....it would be cool but I can't imagine it ever happening though.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinR View Post
                  That could be a scheduling nightmare, though. College football often commits to games outside of their conference, years in advance.
                  Like the European soccer leagues relegation wouldn't affect the big football teams....it's the minnows like Northwestern that would be in danger.

Comment

Got it. My only knowledge of that type of arrangement was coaching my son's soccer team years ago. For some reason, the organizers would put us in the first tier one season (we would have no wins), then place us in the third tier (undefeated). Never figured out we were second tier only. That went on for 4 seasons.

Comment

big announcement imminent?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...lignment/live/

Comment

There goes the Big 12 ...the next round of musical chairs has begun

Comment

Will the Pac 12 expand?

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                            There goes the Big 12 ...the next round of musical chairs has begun
                            Nebraska is contaminating the Big 10. The Big 12 can have them back.
                            You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

Nebraska is contaminating the Big 10. The Big 12 can have them back.
                              Big 12 is dead...

I'm sure after their whining last year the Big 10 would love to dump them.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                                Will the Pac 12 expand?
                                au contraire! local talking heads (Bay Area) are suggesting there has been talk of Arizona and Arizona State moving to Big 10!

Comment

Working...
                                X