Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tik Tok's algorithm

https://www.wsj.com/video/series/ins...8-2BD6612E3796

I don't use Tik Tok, but I recognize that Google and the others are figuring out stuff for me in spooky ways. Not just from my search history, I have found that when I start to search a name or place after I have mentioned it in the presence of my phone, that is the first thing suggested, after just a few keystrokes.

But after having my identity stolen at least twice, I just make the assumption that everyone already knows my deepest secrets.

Good thing I am pretty boring....

Comment

My (kinda) smartphone, a gift from someone who was upgrading, has the TikTok app. I clicked it a few times. There was funny stuff, boring stuff, and stuff not suitable for younguns. I soon received a notice that my version was expired/obsolete. Not knowing how or inspired to upgrade, that was the end of TikTok for me so I don't know if it is tracking me or not.
      Locally, a 12-year-old boy died Sunday attempting a near strangulation stunt found on Tik Tok.

Comment

I draw the line at Tik Tok. I even tried Snapchat for about a week! But no Tik Tok.

Comment

Working...
        X