Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Broadcast

Watching the rowing last night on NBCSC I was astounded to see that they televised six+ minute races without any commercial breaks!!!

a not-kind review of NBC's Opening Ceremony coverage....

Tokyo Olympics Get Off to a Somber, Unnerving, Heavily Branded Start on NBC

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/tok...142321922.html

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
      They're in a bad position. They can't ignore the pandemic, so that will dampen the coverage. They are too many people who are soured on the Games and will disparage the Games every chance they get . . . even here!

Comment

Originally posted by KDFINE View Post
        Watching the rowing last night on NBCSC I was astounded to see that they televised six+ minute races without any commercial breaks!!!
        I really enjoyed the coverage of rowing, which is not a sport I typically follow. I hope they provide similar coverage for athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          They're in a bad position. They can't ignore the pandemic, so that will dampen the coverage. They are too many people who are soured on the Games and will disparage the Games every chance they get . . . even here!
          NBC deserves all the crap they get....the Olympics are in July, by far the worse time of year for weather there, all because of American TV... and instead of delaying the Olympics a few months until the Japanese were ready they are going forward during the pandemic only because it interferes with their fall schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

NBC deserves all the crap they get....the Olympics are in July, by far the worse time of year for weather there, all because of American TV... and instead of delaying the Olympics a few months until the Japanese were ready they are going forward during the pandemic only because it interferes with their fall schedule.
            Don't watch, then.

Comment

Watching that drone Earth over the stadium all I could think of was Mysterio lol
              There are no strings on me

Comment

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the United States has one of the most bland, frumpy. uniforms at the Games. But anyway, USA! USA! USA!

Comment

Originally posted by The Klingon View Post
                  Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the United States has one of the most bland, frumpy. uniforms at the Games. But anyway, USA! USA! USA!
                  They're fine, not like 68's USA emblazoned across the chest, but fine.

s-l1600.jpg
                  Last edited by Atticus; 07-24-2021, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Cheer up...even a little. You're not going to strain anything doing so....at least I don't think so.

Comment

I thought the entire Rock intro was a bit of overdoneness.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                        I thought the entire Rock intro was a bit of overdoneness.
                        Only a bit?

Comment

The canceled Tokyo games of 1940 were to take place in the end of September and the beginning of October. And of course the Tokyo games of 1964 took place in mid-October. The current games shows how little regard the IOC and the networks have for the "unpaid" worker / athletes. I'm sure that if the money were right the IOC would schedule the games again in Mexico City but during the heat of the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

Tokyo Olympics Get Off to a Somber, Unnerving, Heavily Branded Start on NBC

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/tok...142321922.html
                            If I recall correctly, during every past opening ceremony I have seen, NBC would cut away to commercials so one wouldn’t see Egypt, etc march in. The author conveniently forgets that NBC basically funds the Olympics, and Walmart and Chevrolet and other companies fund NBC during this time.

Comment

Started watching early this morning via CBC which has been great. As I'm typing I'm currently watching NBC primetime coverage which will include some live Swimming finals and skateboarding. For the most part its been cool. The usual condensed stuff with minimal commercials.

Has anyone in the U.S. or Canada try BBC yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X