Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We want the primary vehicle that can help T&F to thrive, NBC, to fight with one hand behind their back by scheduling up against the other big sports in the fall so that we can have better weather or some other desirable conditions? We can't have it both ways. The solution is to hold the Games in a temperate climate, and the IOC first has to have cities with temperate climates bidding for the Games. Then, of course, they have to check all of the other political boxes.

Whoever proposed that rotation among a few ideals cities/locales has the right idea, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

They're fine, not like 68's USA emblazoned across the chest, but fine.

s-l1600.jpg
      My all-time fave. 10 comps in 1969. That's five years of a decathlete's life in 2021.

Comment

3 on 3 basketball?! Might as well have cornhole, whiffle ball and flag football.
        Seems the Olympics needs to downsize, not keep adding.
        You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
          3 on 3 basketball?! Might as well have cornhole, whiffle ball and flag football.
          Seems the Olympics needs to downsize, not keep adding.
          I liked the 3x3 basketball. Reminded me of my youth in the local parks. Hopefully they make the teams sit around all day until someone gives them a game.

Comment

For those looking for replays....I was not home this evening but wanted to see the swimming events which were shown live. I first searched on Peacock and found absolutely nothing on tonights show on NBC. Then I went to nbcolympics.com and found the events immediately. That may be a hint for the future when T&F begins.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
              For those looking for replays....I was not home this evening but wanted to see the swimming events which were shown live. I first searched on Peacock and found absolutely nothing on tonights show on NBC. Then I went to nbcolympics.com and found the events immediately. That may be a hint for the future when T&F begins.
              Based off past Olympics NBC doesn't replay their primetime coverage until overnight. As I'm typing this I'm watching the swimming replays, the coverage began at 2 a.m. EST.

Comment

I've always assumed that one of the reasons NBC did not want the Olympics to be in October was that OG years are also presidential election years, and NBC has no trouble selling the relevant time to political advertisers. Just a guess.

Comment

I liked the 3x3 basketball. Reminded me of my youth in the local parks. Hopefully they make the teams sit around all day until someone gives them a game.
                  I've enjoyed what I've seen of the 3x3 basketball. There is a court in a park near me and I do see young guys playing a similar game.

Comment

Skateboarding??? Seriously!!!!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Watched some skateboarding. You don't have to watch long to see it all. They either fall or they don't. These guys are no doubt skilled and athletic but, like any subjectively judged sport, the nuances are lost on the uninformed. But, if you are looking for a train wreck/injury, this is for you. I don't know how they walk away from some of the crashes/falls.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                        Watched some skateboarding. You don't have to watch long to see it all. They either fall or they don't. These guys are no doubt skilled and athletic but, like any subjectively judged sport, the nuances are lost on the uninformed. But, if you are looking for a train wreck/injury, this is for you. I don't know how they walk away from some of the crashes/falls.
                        I watched 'highlights' of the men's street comp. There are some cool tricks, but, as you say, most of them are falling down, and it's not very interesting after you've seen the tricks.

Of course . . . that's also what everyone says about the HJ!
                        To each his own.

Comment

Some of the more niche sports are interesting but it is going to be individual taste. For instance....I've never gotten the showjumping or anything that has to do with what amounts to watching a horse jump over things. I also don't find volleyball all that interesting whether it is the clothed version or unclothed version. Skateboarding I can watch as some of the X-Games aspects of the Olympics I've found ok to watch. That doesn't mean I'm switching channels to find it to watch just that I'll watch it.

Comment

That doesn't mean I'm switching channels to find it to watch just that I'll watch it.
                            I think that the NBC Master Oly Plan is predicated on that idea. Amis are tired of Netflix, Prime, Hulu, etc., and want their idle time to be occupied by something 'new', yet familiar. They watched the OG with their parents and find it 'comforting' to watch now. That, and the FOMO Effect, in which they don't want to miss something that other people are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              I think that the NBC Master Oly Plan is predicated on that idea. Amis are tired of Netflix, Prime, Hulu, etc., and want their idle time to be occupied by something 'new', yet familiar. They watched the OG with their parents and find it 'comforting' to watch now. That, and the FOMO Effect, in which they don't want to miss something that other people are talking about.
                              What is an Amis?
                              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

What is an Amis?
                                A pair of fairly famous authors -- Kingsley & son Martin

Comment

Working...
                                X