Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Olympic Athlete (At Least So Far)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    For me, it was Lasha Talakhadze in the 105+ kg weightlifting.
    Waited till everyone had completed their lifts before he starts. Didn't play safe by just going 1kg over the leaders for both snatch and then clean and jerk.
    To each his own, but I cannot root for a convicted doper. I know it was a long time ago, and he served his time. But I couldn't root for Gatlin for the same reason.

Comment

Now in hindsight it's Mu and Tamyra Mensah Great athletes and just sweethearts.
      You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/liverp...ing-revelation
        Norway has three of the top young athletes -to say the least- at the moment in generational talents Ingebrightsen, Warholm, Haarland.

Comment

Nicola McDermott (Aus) 6-7½ (2.02) NR for silver, women's HJ was fun to watch. Smiling and giddy before every jump. "I get to high jump again!!" "Hee hee, I get to jump again!!" "Yay!! I'm up again!!" "Look, I'm jumping again!!" Never seen so much glee from a T&F athlete doing their thing. Like a puppy getting out of the car at the dog park, or a kid in the candy store.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
            Nicola McDermott (Aus) 6-7½ (2.02) NR for silver, women's HJ was fun to watch. Smiling and giddy before every jump. "I get to high jump again!!" "Hee hee, I get to jump again!!" "Yay!! I'm up again!!" "Look, I'm jumping again!!" Never seen so much glee from a T&F athlete doing their thing. Like a puppy getting out of the car at the dog park, or a kid in the candy store.
            The whole thing with the journal was kind of interesting too.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/olympi...9ab949b4ee0116

Comment

Nice story. She mentions her coach. I suspect he was rather more...composed...than the Aussie women's swim coach.

Comment

Working...
              X