• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    He's not LSU material, obviously.
    Just McNeese State material, hmmm?

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

Texas A&I is actually Texas A&M-Kingsville now (has been for years) and is D2. They would never play Texas.
      Wasn't too serious about it, assumed that was obvious. I usually go with RinkyDinky State.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

I think the best Ed Orgeron impression I've heard is by Allison Williams of ESPN - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P_-UN-tSmc
        Hahahaha!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

I think the best Ed Orgeron impression I've heard is by Allison Williams of ESPN - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P_-UN-tSmc
          An impression we won't get from the sidelines for at least the time being:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...osing-n1278910

Comment

• Ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
              Meanwhile....I agree with this... Canzano: Oregon Ducks foolish to play at Ohio State?

. . . But it is an excellent point that Oregon playing teams like OSU is not in their best interests.
              But it sure looks good now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                Nice they won but in a 4 team playoff you still have to go undefeated in the Pac12.... and until they go to 8 there are no point in these games something the Oregon AD knows.

OSU is sunk...so that is good.

Comment

Meanwhile....I agree with this...

Canzano: Oregon Ducks foolish to play at Ohio State? A Palm reading gives the answer

Palm said some interesting things last Saturday between bites of the tenderloin he ordered at an Irish Pub. Among them: “There’s just no way in the world Oregon should be playing Ohio State in a non-conference game.”

Also he said, “This game makes zero sense for the Ducks.”

Also Palm said this: “It’s great for us fans and media, but Oregon doesn’t need this game to make the playoff. It just needs to go undefeated in non-conference and go 9-0 in the Pac-12.”
                  I'll bet there are a lot of folks in Eugene who disagree with you and Canzano right about now. Not only are the Ducks in the driver's seat for a spot n the playoffs but now they have the cushion they need in case they slip on a banana peel this season. With last weeks UCLA beatdown of LSU, the PAC 12 is looking pretty good these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Hey, you must have been watching live to have posted so quickly. 😀

Comment

Nice they won but in a 4 team playoff you still have to go undefeated in the Pac12.
                      I'm not sure about that. That's a marquis win the Ducks will have to hang their hats on if it comes down to a beauty contest between them and another one-loss team. Even in 2011 with the 2-team format they were in the driver's seat for a rematch with LSU before they went and lost to USC.

Comment

I'm not sure about that. That's a marquis win the Ducks will have to hang their hats on if it comes down to a beauty contest between them and another one-loss team. Even in 2011 with the 2-team format they were in the driver's seat for a rematch with LSU before they went and lost to USC.
                        Yeah ...but the downside to losing a non-conference game is a lot worse then an upside to a win. And Oregon knows that. Next year they play Georgia...but in 2023 they play Portland State, Texas Tech and Hawaii....go undefeated or lose 1 conference game and no one cares who they played.
                        Conor Dary
                        Last edited by Conor Dary; 09-11-2021, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Yeah ...but the downside to losing a non-conference game is a lot worse then an upside to a win. And Oregon knows that. Next year they play Georgia...but in 2023 they play Portland State, Texas Tech and Hawaii....go undefeated or lose 1 conference game and no one cares who they played.
                          Yeah, but this year there is only upside. Let's worry about the downside if they lose to Georgia two years from now. 😎

Comment

Yeah, but this year there is only upside. Let's worry about the downside if they lose to Georgia two years from now. 😎
                            It's over...glad they won...easier game than Fresno State was.

They play Georgia next year.

Comment

Hey, you must have been watching live to have posted so quickly. 😀
                              I often have TV sets on in the background on Saturdays. I won't watch unless I hear the announcers go nuts, or I see they're under 2 minutes. I definitely like watching the last 2 minutes of important close games and will indeed break my rule about live TV!

Comment

Nice they won but in a 4 team playoff you still have to go undefeated in the Pac12.... and until they go to 8 there are no point in these games something the Oregon AD knows.

OSU is sunk...so that is good.
                                Aren't you just Mr. SUNSHINE!

Comment

Working...
                                X